Reaction score
Hi,

we know many aircraft and projects to this company,
such as M-45M long rang bomber,but in Aviation Russian
site, http://www.aviation.ru/Mya/

the Myasishchev M-15 was mentioned but no details
about it,does anyone know it ?.

Hi all!
Not well-known fact, that Myasishchev's DB also took great part in creation of M-15 agrycultural jet-aircraft. More than 16 different modifications were searched and each of them had some variants. Even now the desingers of this aircraft still love it.
Regards

Attachments

• M-15 scheme-1.jpg
    M-15 scheme-1.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 1,280
  • M-15 scheme-2.jpg
    M-15 scheme-2.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 1,199
  • M-15 model-1.jpg
    M-15 model-1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,052
  • M-15 model-2.jpg
    M-15 model-2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 973
  • M-15 model-3.jpg
    M-15 model-3.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 919
hesham said:
the Myasishchev M-15 was mentioned but no details about it,does anyone know it ?.

It would seem that the designation "M-15" was used both by Myasishchev and P.Z.L.-Mielec to refer to the Belphegor agricultural aircraft.

Wasn't there a dedicated military (CW sprayer) version of the M-15 as well?

Found this on the site of the Polish Aviation Museum in Cracow:
Designer's R.A.Ismailov's initial design was considered as the most promising. It considered the use of the twin flow Ai-25 turbojet engine to power the aircraft. Such an engine was popular, both in civil and military aviation.
The Ai-25 was use to power the Soviet Yak-40 executive jet, and the school and training Czechoslovak L-39 Albatros. Wide service knowledge of this aircraft engine had to make its servicing in the future easier. The lower economical servicing costs also favoured this type of engine to the piston type.

An Antonov An-2 was converted to test the M-15's configuration, with an AI-25 mounted at the end of its shortened fuselage. Found an image of it here, via Wiki:

Attachments

• Lala-1_07.jpg
    Lala-1_07.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 159
ucon said:
Hi all!
Not well-known fact, that Myasishchev's DB also took great part in creation of M-15 agrycultural jet-aircraft. More than 16 different modifications were searched and each of them had some variants. Even now the desingers of this aircraft still love it.
Regards

Ucon,

Wonderful pictures and information you have been posting. The M-15 is one of my favorite aircraft. Is it possible that there are larger versions of the 16 different modifications photos you posted in reply #1 in 2009 and could you post them along with translations of the text?

Thanks,

Richard

I have sent to you a message, check please
Hi Ucon -- My name is Sam and I am a pilot, designer, and aviation history enthusiast, and am very interested in the M-15. I am currently working on a detail 3D model of this aircraft and am compiling as many documents related to it as I can find. I was wondering if you might be willing to share the documents you posted above in a higher resolution along with any other documentation you may have regarding this strange and wonderful aircraft? Thanks so much!

Attachments

• RenderDy9_1.jpg
    RenderDy9_1.jpg
    915.5 KB · Views: 78
Hi Ucon -- My name is Sam and I am a pilot, designer, and aviation history enthusiast, and am very interested in the M-15. I am currently working on a detail 3D model of this aircraft and am compiling as many documents related to it as I can find. I was wondering if you might be willing to share the documents you posted above in a higher resolution along with any other documentation you may have regarding this strange and wonderful aircraft? Thanks so much!
Уважаемый Сэм, напишите на мой электронный адрес. Dear Sam would you be so kind as to write me on my e-mail.
Best regards from Moscow!

I've always been curious - why did they go with a jet engine?
Since Belephagor looks like it uses Yak-40 engines and wing panels, I suspect that it was designed by a Polish factory manager who had a surplus of Yak-40 parts, but an order for crop dusters.
Hah!
Hah!
p.s. There used to be a series of "Polish" jokes implying that Polish immigrants to Canada were not the most intelligent. That string of jokes was over-taken by "Newfy jokes" then it became politically incorrect to poke fun at any minority. Now ethnic jokes are considered a form of bullying. The biggest joke was Newfoundlanders profiting from writing and selling Newfy joke books, songs, etc.

What's the joke here?
The Poles did not produce the Yak-40 and did not repair this aircraft.