Foreword by Walter J. Boyne

Attachments

• 9781781550519.jpg
    9781781550519.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 484
Re: MUSTANG: Thoroughbred Stallion by Steve Pace

Who's the publisher?

I thought the D's and K's were identical aside from their place of manufacture (like the B's and C's). Were there other differences as well?

And I suppose that at least some of the "P-51D's" still flying around are probably "K" models.

The publisher is Fonthill Media and is to be published this spring.
I will post the front cover as soon as I am sent it. This is going to be the definitive book on the beloved Mustang and Steve Pace has done a fabulous job, as always.
Jay

Here's the cover to
MUSTANG
Thoroughbred Stallion of the Air
Steve Pace
Foreword by Walter J. Boyne
Fonthill Media
8x10 inches; hardbound; dust jacket; 224 pages; 200 photos
to be available in late summer or early fall

Attachments

• 9781781550519.jpg
    9781781550519.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 476
Looking forward to this one! I do hope that reproduction and paper quality is on par with Michael O'leary's recent "Building the Mustang" as quite often British publishers have not really excelled in this...

My book - I'm with the understanding, is to be available on 1 September at Barnes and Noble, Amazon.com, and Fonthill Media. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, there are no Mustang profiles within the book though it's being advertised as such. I personally apologize for this. -SP

Update: The book will be available in the UK in late Sept., in the US in late Oct. -SP

Book is published but I have yet to recieve my copies. -SP

Attachments

• Stroud-20121004-00351.jpg
    Stroud-20121004-00351.jpg
    570.7 KB · Views: 136
  • Stroud-20121004-00350.jpg
    Stroud-20121004-00350.jpg
    670.3 KB · Views: 120
The British Air Ministry selected the name 'Mustang' on 9 December 1940 ordered that the initial 620 NA-73 and NA-83 airplanes be delivered to the RAF as Mustang Mark I airplanes. I hope this helps. -SP

Steve, could you take a picture of a text spread from the book so that one could see how the book is laid out?

Pasoleati said:
Steve, could you take a picture of a text spread from the book so that one could see how the book is laid out?
sure-here you go... -SP

Attachments

• sample.jpg
    sample.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 407
Fonthill Media - the publisher - now has the book on its website with a look inside the book. -SP

Steve,

Is the book containing information about initial designs
and planned developments
(Naval version ,projected jetpowered version..)

Thanks in advance..

The book was off the presses 12 October but I have yet to recieve a copy. -SP

I just found out that my "Stang book will not be available in the US until Jan 2013 - I'm more than just a little bit pissed - WORSE, I haven't even seen a copy - Hell - I'm the friggin' author!!!!!! -SP

I finally got one copy - waiting for my remaining 9 copies. I was beginning to think it had not been published at all. -SP

The book was published over two months ago and I finally got my complimentary copies just today. -SP

Steve Pace said:
The book was published over two months ago and I finally got my complimentary copies just today. -SP
And Amazon shows that the copy that I ordered back in August if finally "Shipping Soon".....

gatoraptor said:
Steve Pace said:
And Amazon shows that the copy that I ordered back in August if finally "Shipping Soon".....
I'm so sorry for the delay - I truly hope you enjoy it. I worked my butt off writing it! -SP

5.0 out of 5 stars Pace Scores Again 14 Jan 2013
By Walter J. Boyne - Published on Amazon.com
Even a veteran Mustang expert will be delighted with the contents of this book which presents, in a fresh, authoritative manner, virtually everything one could wish to know on the history of the aircraft. Steve Pace's fine new book provides the reader with much new information and great photos about the iconic aircraft.
It is not easy to make an exhaustive study easy to read, but Pace has done so by dividing the book into sixteen distinct parts. He begins with the convoluted origins of the aircraft and carries through to its current status as a highly prized personal plane, record setting racer, and museum staple.
More than 200 photos and diagrams add life to the book. The author is equally comprehensive about the details of the lives of the men who designed and flew it, There are sixty-four terrific photos are in color which cover every aspect of the aircraft's stellar career.
The true devotee or the modeler will enjoy Part 14, which describes the structure and the systems of the Mustang in detail. It makes very real the enormous amount of design and planning that was so swiftly created for this classic airplane.
The appendices tell you the factory serial numbers and the subsequent serial numbers of each aircraft as it migrated through the USAAF to foreign air forces and into private hands. A good bibliography and glossary are valuable additions.

I am more than honored by the above review just posted today on Amazon.com by Mr. Walter J. Boyne. -SP

Hey Steve:

Book arrived today. Scanned through it quickly. Beautiful. Looks like a long evening. And more.

Ray Walker

Ray said:
Hey Steve:

Book arrived today. Scanned through it quickly. Beautiful. Looks like a long evening. And more.

Ray Walker
Thanks so much for your kind words, Ray! -SP

Hi Steve -

I have received and perused my copy and you've done an excellent job authoring it . I must say my first inclination was "what, another Mustang book?!" but the way you've presented the information and called out production details and the like is quite useful and easy to read. Overall the print quality is quite good as well.

Kudos to you for what obviously was a labor of love!

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Mark Nankivil said:
Hi Steve -

I have received and perused my copy and you've done an excellent job authoring it . I must say my first inclination was "what, another Mustang book?!" but the way you've presented the information and called out production details and the like is quite useful and easy to read. Overall the print quality is quite good as well.

Kudos to you for what obviously was a labor of love!

Enjoy the Day! Mark
I deeply appreciate your feedback, Mark. Thank you! Cheers, Steve