Morton's books.

Foo Fighter

Cum adolescunt hominem verum esse volo.
Reaction score
G'day folks,
I have some books on order, I did get the confirmation email that my order was received but got nothing after that.

There tends to be no notification they are sending an order out which is contrary to other sellers.

I also found the attitude of the operator difficult to comprehend. I asked what the status of the order was and she said "We'll send it as soon as we can". In days where anything left on the doorstep is unlikely to last long before going to a short term keeper via the five fingered discount, this is hardly up to par. Her response to my suggesting there needs to be more information going to customers was met with "So, you are cancelling your order then? We can do that", was rather too passive aggresive and nonsensical.

For what its worth I gave up ordering on their website and bought my copy on Ebay UK for the retail price.

I’ve ordered and received items from their website and in practice they were dispatched reasonably quickly (1-2 weeks for newly released items, UK to Ireland).

I agree compared to others sellers the lack of shipping information (or even just remotely accurate “likely date of receipt” information) does appear rather old fashioned and may cause some concerns that at least in my experience may well not be warranted.

Morton's guy Steven O'Hara is active on Fb's "Aviation Enthusiast Book Group".

I am, thankfully, NOT active on facefaq or any other oxymoronic platform so that is not getting me answers mate. Ta.

The reason I get concerned is that there are folk around who are happy to see'stuff' delivered to a home which they then acquire without consent. We have between one and three of those here presently and another who wanders around looking for things he can 'have' stuff he then say's, "You are not using it". Explaining it is not for him to say falls on deaf 'uns. When I do splurge, I at least want the results of that.

Last edited:
Over the years, I have ordered several items with Morton's. Even after brexit, delivery to Holland has always been fairly quick.
I buy from them direct, hoping more money ends up in writers' pockets.

Hi,

I have some books on order, I did get the confirmation email that my order was received but got nothing after that.

There tends to be no notification they are sending an order out which is contrary to other sellers.

Well, I ordered Dan's Me 262 book on October 6 last year, then reminded them on February 17, and they replied they'd send it on February 28, and I should allow 28 days for delivery.

So far, I haven't received the book, but I admit that I was getting acutely impatient today as I didn't take the "28 days for delivery" serious. Sounds like a statement from the era when a "packet" was a type of sailing ship!

Their website was sort of dysfunctional too, as unsuccessfully trying to log back in again in February destroyed the delivery address information I had entered in October, so Mortons didn't even know where to send the shipment.

I really wonder why at a shipment cost of GBP 9.95, I don't get a tracking number so I can see what's going on.

I'm pretty sure I won't want to repeat this experience, regardless of whether the book actually arrives within the next fortnight as promised or not.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Hi,

Well, I ordered Dan's Me 262 book on October 6 last year, then reminded them on February 17, and they replied they'd send it on February 28, and I should allow 28 days for delivery.

So far, I haven't received the book, but I admit that I was getting acutely impatient today as I didn't take the "28 days for delivery" serious. Sounds like a statement from the era when a "packet" was a type of sailing ship!

Their website was sort of dysfunctional too, as unsuccessfully trying to log back in again in February destroyed the delivery address information I had entered in October, so Mortons didn't even know where to send the shipment.

I really wonder why at a shipment cost of GBP 9.95, I don't get a tracking number so I can see what's going on.

I'm pretty sure I won't want to repeat this experience, regardless of whether the book actually arrives within the next fortnight as promised or not.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)
So I'm not the only one who's eagerly awaiting the arrival of Dan's book since fall last year :D Curiously I also reminded Morton's about my order late in February. That being said, earlier orders have always arrived complete and on time despite the sparse number of shipping related e-mails.

I ordered that same book directly from Mortons as a Christmas present in the same kind of time period.
It was delivered to the intended recipient the week before Christmas (apparently luckier than some of the contributors here).
Agree the lack of any tracking a bit bizarre nowadays.
You have my sympathy.

Hi Kaiserd,

I ordered that same book directly from Mortons as a Christmas present in the same kind of time period.
It was delivered to the intended recipient the week before Christmas (apparently luckier than some of the contributors here).

Not that I think there's necessarily a systematic factor involved, but I wonder whether you happen to have a UK delivery address?

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Hi Kaiserd,

Not that I think there's necessarily a systematic factor involved, but I wonder whether you happen to have a UK delivery address?

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)
It was a Republic of Ireland delivery address.

Henning, I have a similarish experience with Morton when I ordered some bookazines. No tracking and vague dispatch information. Henceforth I have used my British middleman as a collection point (free UK delivery). As for Dan's book, I ordered my copy from a Finnish (Swedish-owned) online shop. Arrived in about 2 weeks.

I am also waiting on the Me-262 book. I ordered it along with 7 other books September 26, 2022. I promptly received 6 of the 8 and later emailed them about the 2 stragglers in December and received and answer that they had been shipped but may have been snafued by a postal strike. They resent them then, but still no joy and I reinquired and they said they would ship replacements.

Hi Richard,

I am also waiting on the Me-262 book. I ordered it along with 7 other books September 26, 2022. I promptly received 6 of the 8 and later emailed them about the 2 stragglers in December and received and answer that they had been shipped but may have been snafued by a postal strike. They resent them then, but still no joy and I reinquired and they said they would ship replacements.

I'll admit I failed to mention that they gave me the "must have been lost in shipping, we'll ship a replacement" story too ... I thought it was just an excuse.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Hi again,

Update: Since I didn't receive the book yet, I just invoked PayPal's resolution process and got my money back a couple of minutes later.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

A book published by Morton is not Morton-related? Strange logic...