Mitsubishi F-22J Raptor

Triton

Donald McKelvy
Reaction score
Website
deeptowild.blogspot.com
With the appearance of the Chengdu J-20 and the work on the Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) by Sukhoi and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Congress decides that the regional stability and potential adversary arguments against the export sale of the Lockheed Martin F-22 are moot and the export ban on the F-22 Raptor is lifted. As a result, Japan abandons work on the ATD-X Shinshin and seeks a license to manufacture the F-22 designated the F-22J. Could Japanese industry manufacture a fifth-generation stealth fighter aircraft like it manufactured the Mitsubishi F-15J. Since the assembly lines for the Lockheed Martin F-22 have been shut down in the United States, could Mitsubishi also build a version of the F-22 for Israel? For the sake of discussion an F-22I?

Or a collaborative F-22J licensing project with South Korea producing a notional F-22K?

Triton the question i not if they can do this but when i think and yes Mitsubishi will do the job not well but wonderful and why not Japanese to use the work and the avionics from ATD-X Shinshin to even upgrade the Raptor or even Raptor with Korean avionics as we know the Koreans are very advanced in the electronics

Japan will not be manufacturing any version of the F-22 unless the US law is changed...

GTX said:
Japan will not be manufacturing any version of the F-22 unless the US law is changed...

Perhaps Congress won't lift the ban for fear of upsetting the government of the Peoples' Republic of China. But it seems all the arguments that have been used to support the export ban of the F-22 have been rendered moot by the fact that there is currently an arms race in Asia and China has developed the J-20 and there is expected to be an export version of the PAK FA/FGFA. I understand that Vietnam has expressed interest.

Regardless of whether the arguments are moot or not or what may be happening in Asia, I doubt anyone will see the Obey Ammendment overturned any time soon.