Mig 37 ferret...???

I think this post should go to "Postwar Aircraft Project".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fictional_military_aircraft

Ryusuke

You can probably do a Google search for Testors Italeri MiG 37 Ferret E & find most anything about it. Probably find several model kits on eBay.

gery said:
thank ryusuke,
Not other exist....??

Probably find several model kits on eBay.

I bought that model kit in the early 90's and I still keep it unmounted. Gery if you want scans from the box art or the instructions just send me a PM.

Regards,

Antonio

BTW, Mr Gatial produced a very beautiful Ferret art that was available to download some time ago. I'll try to find it on my HDD

Thank very much antonio for your offer...
Thank canisd for picts....

It was just a dummy, not a real project...???

regards

gery

but it made a real impact , Pentagon threw a fit , there was a high level investigation by American lawmakers and McDonnell submission to ATA programme was depicted as a grown Ferret for a while .

The Ferret is definitely my favorite when it comes to fictional aircraft, I remember building the model kit back when I was 12 years old. Unfortunately, I botched the paint job on it and gave it away to a friend. I wonder if anyone has done an aerodynamic study on it, to see if it in fact is a viable combat aircraft design?

Does anyone know how Testors came up with the design of the fictional MiG-37B "Ferret-E"? Did they hire an aviation engineer or analyst to come up with the design?

Triton said:
Does anyone know how Testors came up with the design of the fictional MiG-37B "Ferret-E"? Did they hire an aviation engineer or analyst to come up with the design?

Surely someone on these forums has remarked on the suspicious similarity between Testors' "MiG-37" and the Northrop YF-23, revealed a couple of years after the kit first appeared?

Attachments

• MiG-37 vs F-23.jpg
    MiG-37 vs F-23.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 302
Apteryx said:
Triton said:

Surely someone on these forums has remarked on the suspicious similarity between Testors' "MiG-37" and the Northrop YF-23, revealed a couple of years after the kit first appeared?

The Testors kit was released in September 1987 and the F-117A Nighthawk was first unveiled to the public in November 1988. I remember that the kit became a hit because of its uncanny resemblence to the unrevealed F-117A.

Surely someone on these forums has remarked on the suspicious similarity between Testors' "MiG-37" and the Northrop ATF concept, revealed a couple of years BEFORE the kit first appeared...

Attachments

• Northrop-ATF.jpg
    Northrop-ATF.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 145
flateric said:
Surely someone on these forums has remarked on the suspicious similarity between Testors' "MiG-37" and the Northrop ATF concept, revealed a couple of years BEFORE the kit first appeared...

And by "revealed," you mean to the public? Do you know the source of that interesting rendering?

I do. Source is Northrop. And yes, it was openly published.

flateric said:

So are you saying that Testors designed the MiG-37 from the Advanced Tactical Fighter concept art that was available?

cleaning up my files at home ı see ı have downloaded the following from the What if site

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,10180.0.html

the signature , Gatial must be Jozef Gatial who has his own section at this forum , a quick check did not allow me to see whether this was posted before .

Attachments

• Mig37.jpg
    Mig37.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 290