MiG-29UB for sale

It's a shame that the man's love of aviation will be ripped apart by the greed of others rather than live on as a tribute to Paul's passion.

I'd buy it if I had the money! Seeing the MiG-29 at Farnborough 1988 was an iconic moment in my childhood.

Had you been a Le Bourget the next year, same aircraft, the moment would have been far less iconic and much more... exciting, to say the least.

In the immortal words of Jonathan Livingstone Seagull

“The trick, Fletcher, is that we are trying to overcome our limitations in order, patiently. We don’t tackle flying through rock until a little later in the programme.”

LMAO

170517050728-1989-paris-air-show-russian-mig-crash-640x640.jpg

170517050728-1989-paris-air-show-russian-mig-crash-640x640.jpg

Last edited:
Had a dinner with the pilot Anatoly Kvochur (and friends) when I was working on a "gray" program in the early 90's in Moscow to secure asset aircraft from Sukhoi and Mikoyan for an "unnamed" mandate (fill in the blank U - A) - who later I was told received aircraft from Moldova. We were left holding the bag, to say the least. Reports that Kvochure flew the plane away from the crowds were silly. I asked him if he were along for the ride after the engine out and he replied "Da"!

Funny that while talking aviation and a program to support a proposed airshow venue the Russians were trying to promote I asked about Viktor Belenko, he asked...."Who"? Had to give him a history of the defection while getting kicked in the shin by my US partner (who was not a pilot). Also, I brazenly asked why he never considered leaving in similar circumstances, and he said candidly that he was "well taken care of!" Quite a time in Russia back in those days and a lot of stories to tell.........

Last edited:
I'd buy it if I had the money! Seeing the MiG-29 at Farnborough 1988 was an iconic moment in my childhood.

Had you been a Le Bourget the next year, same aircraft, the moment would have been far less iconic and much more... exciting, to say the least.

In the immortal words of Jonathan Livingstone Seagull

“The trick, Fletcher, is that we are trying to overcome our limitations in order, patiently. We don’t tackle flying through rock until a little later in the programme.”

LMAO

View attachment 617744

View attachment 617745
Supreme uncrewed lawn dart!

It did give a boost to the reputation of Soviet/Russian designed ejection seats, IIRC.