Votes: 3 25.0%
  • drawings

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

XB-35

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have the 1/72 Zvezda Mig 1.44 and Sukhoi S-37 Berkut kits (and also the Hobbyboss S-37) and I would like to build accurate models.

However, I know that these planes were very secret at the time of their first flights, but I don't known if it is always the case now.

I have the book from Yefim Gordon (in Red Star Series) but, I'm still looking for accurate scale drawings (and walkarounds) of these two planes (there are also some drawings in magazines, but I don't know if they are accurate) and also cockpit photos (if they exist and aren't still classified !)

Thanks for the help !

Best Regards,

XB-35

For Su-47 cockpit photos take a look here: http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1954.0.html

And I am fascinated by that pool. Its from a wery few (only one actually) that I dont understand at all.

XB-35 said:
However, I know that these planes were very secret at the time of their first flights, but I don't known if it is always the case now.
It's still the case.
XB-35 said:
I'm still looking for accurate scale drawings

1.44 - http://airwar.ru/other/draw/mig142mh.zip - you won't find better in nearest future. Pretty accurate stuff made after measuring actual a/c. go and use it.

S-37 - you won't find any good drawings in nearest future. Use Zvezda model as basis, don't forget to correctly remake the nose shape and add panel lines according to 1/10 Sukhoi official display model walkaround (yes, it has AUTHENTIC, ACCURATE panel lines, except those at weapon bay area - bay is omitted for security reasons)

I will upload walkaround later - it's quite enough to make good model.

XB-35 said:
and also cockpit photos (if they exist and aren't still classified !)

for S-37 cockpit, use my photos of official 1/10 model at link that Matej gave you
for 1.44 one, while it looks strange, it's cockpit still classified. Attached is HUD screenshot.
I advice to use generic MiG-29-like configuration, 1.42 would use giant single display according to Paralay's drawing.

Attachments

• cocpit 142.jpg
    cocpit 142.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 232
  • 91c84433d7d8.jpg
    91c84433d7d8.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 230
Many Thanks Flateric !

I've ever seen these drawings (coming from an issue of M-Hobby). Zvezda has surely used them for their model.

If the cockpit is still classified, it's probably because the airplane is said to use "plasma technology" for stealth (there are probably instruments for this aboard ?) this technology is a rumor, I don't know if it really exist !

Regarding the S-37, existing drawings could be confirmed which one (the Zvezda or the Hobbyboss kit) is the most accurate in shape (the Zvezda is less detailled than the Hobbyboss offering but is said to be more accurate).

Regarding cockpit, I will use the photographs of the 1/10 model. I believe that the T-50 PAK cockpit is classified too (a photograph will be welcome with the imminent release of the Zvezda kit !)

Best Regards,

J.C. DANIS

XB-35 said:
If the cockpit is still classified, it's probably because the airplane is said to use "plasma technology" for stealth
J.C., be serious...
XB-35 said:
Regarding the S-37, existing drawings could be confirmed which one (the Zvezda or the Hobbyboss kit) is the most accurate in shape (the Zvezda is less detailled than the Hobbyboss offering but is said to be more accurate).
Zvezda kit is made under license from Sukhoi. While it's a product of mixing original documentation and Sukhoi's security dept. efforts, it's the most accurate kit on the market.

XB-35 said:
I believe that the T-50 PAK cockpit is classified too
classified, but why don't use T-50 sim photos for reference?

flateric said:
1.44 - http://airwar.ru/other/draw/mig142mh.zip - you won't find better in nearest future. Pretty accurate stuff made after measuring actual a/c. go and use it.

Still not fully accurate. How is it that pretty much every single drawing of the 1.44 fails to include the mismatched canards?