Merry Christmas 2022

Merry Christmas to all forum members - without you this site wouldn't exist.

Message from Tony Buttler:

Hello All.

Just wanted to send my very best wishes to you all for Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Thank you for you continued support which always means such a lot to me.

I hope in the next few weeks to hand over my next book for Crecy - The Last Generation of British Propeller-Driven Fighters.

Merry Christmas everyone,

and Happy New Year to all of you, as you can see here in this great forum how we are all one hand and one man with all love, emotions, respect and understanding, we have given an example to the whole world that union makes miracles, and we are like a wonderful symphony and that Mr. PaulMM is The conductor and the rest of us the orchestra,play the sweetest melodies in the world of secret projects, especially in aviation.

Something I was reminderd of today. The Babylon 5 statement of principles.

ISA Declaration of Principles (First Edition)​

The universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice.

It speaks in the language of hope
It speaks in the language of trust
It speaks in the language of strength and the language of compassion
It is the language of the heart and the language of the soul.
But always it is the same voice
It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us,
And the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born
It is the small, still voice that says
We are one
No matter the blood
No matter the skin
No matter the world

We are one
No matter the pain
No matter the darkness
No matter the loss
No matter the fear
We are one
Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognize this
singular truth and this singular rule:
That we must be kind to one another
Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost
diminishes us.
We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire
that will light the way to a better future.
We are one.

It may not be particularly PC but, I genuinely believe in and live my life to this goal.

I should add too for all our northern hemisphere chaps (and chappettes), try and keep an extra blanket or two handy, it looks pretty bloody cold!

Meh. Barely got to -6 F around here, wind chill -25 F or so. That's trifling. I remember back in fall of '91 trying to explain to some foreign exchange students that their decision to go to Iowa State University came with the potential of -40 F/C. They didn't believe me,

Heh. That first cold day - when it dropped from ~50 F to about ~10 F overnight - was amusing as all get out. Good times.

That said, Wyoming can get kinda sporty:
View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/xa51I_4OAX4

Merry Christmas to all and to the whole SPF team and happy new year 2023 to all the members of the forum and lots of gifts of course. May peace reign in this tormented world.

Attachments

• pn.jpg
    pn.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 7
@overscan (PaulMM) : that's a lovely companion they've got!

You might be the earliest to Christmas in NZ, but I am probably, and wondering, the closest to Santa home base this year (Lat. 65N).

Looking at the sky through my night vision goggles (or that's what my phone app says) if I can spot a mass Elk launch.

Get ready kids!.

latest

Last edited: