• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Merriman's Submarine Modelling

merriman

David Douglass Merriman lll
Reaction score
Your posts always give me the feeling, I once had in the apprenticeship workshop, when the foreman demonstrated
a new technique to us ... often with that special aha-effect. Thanks for sharing ! ;)
It is most gratifying to hear that, sir. You made my day.

My country has lost touch with the classic apprentice, journeyman, master ranking and order of Craft; a time honored system best suited to teaching, refining, and passing on the skills of a specialized guild. We are the poorer for its abandonment. Professionals have become to 'specialized'.

These posts are my attempts to keep the spark alive by passing on what other Craftsmen taught me.

David

Mark Nankivil

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Top Contributor
Reaction score
You continue to amaze me - thanks for sharing your work! Mark

merriman

David Douglass Merriman lll
Reaction score
I've been busy, but had nothing new to show off. Hence my absence from the forum of late. Only recently have I found a few things to save me from the crushing boredom of MSD production work.

Here are some recent shots of production work, SOS I'm afraid:

Hurray! I just got working drawings from Richard O'Malley on a 1/96 USS NAUTILUS we're collaborating on. Finally! Some model building to break shop boredom! He's doing the hull master, I'm doing the fiddley stuff. We'll reduce our work to proper tools and from there will produce r/c submarines for ourselves.

My model building pal, Kevin Rimrodt, is putting the finishing touches on his backyard 'shed' that will be his production facility for the kits he's going to produce starting early next year. Stay tuned, more GRP ship and submarine hulls soon to be available!

David