Me329_sc1.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 974
  • Me329_sc2.jpg
    Me329_sc2.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 1,202
  • Me329_sc3.jpg
    Me329_sc3.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 985
I always wondered what would have happened if they would hav built a jet powered version of the 329? With the engines buried in the wings?

fockewulf261 said:
I always wondered what would have happened if they would hav built a jet powered version of the 329? With the engines buried in the wings?

Due to the resources diverted from the war effort to support the jet Me329 program, the Germans would have lost the war two days earlier. One thing leads to another, bada-boom bada-bing, by 2012 the entire planet has been covered in a semi-organic concrete-like substance with unusual electrical properties to a depth of 450 meters. Pretty obvious, really.

Me I have also thought this I would give it 4 He30 engines.It is said one Me 329 was maded by end of the war.

Johnbr said:
It is said one Me 329 was maded by end of the war.

AFAIK, what is often shown was just a mock-up. And claims, that a prototype was tested as
a glider in 1945, sound not realistic to me. Messerschmitt was working then at an already overstretched
capacity, with regards to building series aircraft, as well as developing types like the Me 262 and late
versions of the Me 109. Sketching new types may have been the responsibility of some designers, who
only had this task. They may have been the most talented and far-sighted men and probably we owe them
those incredible numbers of designs, that still look like sci-fi. But the hard work in detail, to get an aircraft
built and make it fly, usually is (and was) tasked to a lower level of designers. And the German aviation industry
was chronical short of experienced engineers/designers. But without them, most of those projects remained
paper tigers or, in some cases, mock-ups, which could be built by carpenters.