Martin 240 and 241 twin-boom transport proposals

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

http://books.google.com.eg/books?id=Jt8DAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA18&dq=helicopter+project&hl=ar&ei=8mcbTOCvGI_54AbG7_SxCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CD4Q6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=helicopter%20project&f=true

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,032
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,026
Thanks a lot Hesham for this link. I knew only the cover of this magazine and I thought it was a jurnalist's dream, ignoring this was an actual Glenn Martin project 1944. Does anyone know the Model nulber of this freighter twin-boom project?

Tophe said:
Thanks a lot Hesham for this link. I knew only the cover of this magazine and I thought it was a jurnalist's dream, ignoring this was an actual Glenn Martin project 1944. Does anyone know the Model nulber of this freighter twin-boom project?

According to my files, this should be the Model 240 four engine heavy troop/cargo transport (the twin-engine cargo-only variant being the Model 241).

Hi All -

On EPay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Cargo-Carriers-Martin-Airplanes-Drawings-Diagrams-Lot-of-7-/261367902661?pt=Art_Drawings&hash=item3cdabdb1c5

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Attachments

• Martin Cargo Planes EBay.JPG
    Martin Cargo Planes EBay.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 304
My first purchase on eBay in ten years and it was a swindle.

Seven A4 photocopies of very average quality. Quite the rip-off... The text in the page was extremely ambiguous to say the least.

Problem is if I leave a bad comment on the seller they'll report me. Has any of you had that sort of problem before? What should I do?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

The seller offers a 14-day money-back return policy (see auction terms).

After contacting the seller and letting him know of my disappointment, I received this pleasantly surprising answer:

I have refunded your total amount of 36.40. So sorry you are not satisfied with the order. Don't return the item, just toss it. It costs too much $ to worry about the postage.

One may think the guy was merely concerned with not wasting his 100% positive feedback. But I'm also inclined to believe that this 100% may be the result of the guy's honest and commendable attitude.

Orionblamblam said:
Looking at the listing, it *does* clearly say:
Original/Reproduction: Reproduction
Size Type/Largest Dimension: 8 1/2 x 11

Aw, shucks. Don't know how it escaped me. I assume it's because it was my first eBay purchase in 10 years, need to get the hang of it again.

However, the size described is not what I received. Though I'm not used to feet, thumbs and inches, I reckon a thumb is approximately 3 cm and therefore 8 1/2 x 11 inches should have resulted in larger prints than what I actually received. Another source of confusion was the photo's quality which made it look like the paper was old while in fact it was perfectly white!

Also I believed that if Mark took the time to share this link he probably knew it was worth it ! Ah, that's how we learn... by making mistakes. Another such mistake was to listen to your comment that the prices on the Lockheed plans had gone up tremendously without actually checking the pages. Two great Lockheed plans had 0 bidders in the end! (not the XP-80/A or Saturn of course, but nice nonetheless).

Kinda late to this, but...

Skyblazer said:
However, the size described is not what I received. Though I'm not used to feet, thumbs and inches, I reckon a thumb is approximately 3 cm and therefore 8 1/2 x 11 inches should have resulted in larger prints than what I actually received.

"Thumbs?" Where'd that come from? Looking at the original listing, there's no "thumbs," and I've never heard anyone use that as a unit of measure.

Orionblamblam said:
"Thumbs?" Where'd that come from? Looking at the original listing, there's no "thumbs," and I've never heard anyone use that as a unit of measure.

Ha ha! Silly me... The word for "thumbs" and "inches" is the same in French ("pouce")!!! Of course there is not unit of measure called the thumb! :-[

Well, that makes a bit more sense then. In any event, one inch is not approximately 3 cm... it's right at 2.54 cm. If the pages you got weren't close to 8.5X11 inches (21.6x27.95 cm), then the listing was flawed, at least.