lightweight futuristic boat

airman

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
zeef.com
here the article :
http://www.toxel.com/inspiration/2008/09/01/volitan-futuristic-lightweight-boat/

Attachments

• volitan2.jpg
    volitan2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 87
Orionblamblam said:
airman said:
here the article :
http://www.toxel.com/inspiration/2008/09/01/volitan-futuristic-lightweight-boat/

Yes, yes, all very aesthetically pleasing, but how well will it stand up to ramming a Japanese whaler?

Thats easy - see your avatar. ;D

I would be more impressed if the Volitan meaning "Flying Fish" was designed by a marine architect or marine engineering firm and not a Turkish industrial design firm named DesignNobis. The concept won first prize in "The Best Nautical/Boat" and "The Best Transportation Vehicle of the Year" categories at the International Design Award, 2007.

Leave it to Orionblamblam to imagine it as a conveyance for eco-terrorists.

Triton said:
Leave it to Orionblamblam to imagine it as a conveyance for eco-terrorists.

Oh, heck, it ain't no thang. I'm just following in the footsteps of others who decided to invest in an impractical-yet-cool boat, and then run it into the bow of a full-on steel ship.

Triton said:
Maybe someday alternative fuels will be a pratical supplement, or alternative, to fossil-based or nuclear fuel.

There's always...
Whaleoil.jpg

no,no, simply double layer solar cell panels and twin 220 HP/DC electric motor.
The future is Sun ! :)

Orionblamblam said:
airman said:
The future is Sun ! :)

Because nothing says "reliable ocean-going transportation" like solar power.

normal_Thread-I_like_where_this_thread_is_going.jpg
Oh, simply i like the concept of lightweight boat solar-powered !
The solar-power that can move great ship are still in dreamland !

Orionblamblam said:
Triton said:
Maybe someday alternative fuels will be a practical supplement, or alternative, to fossil-based or nuclear fuel.

There's always...
Whaleoil.jpg

:)
He he. You know that one of the reasons kerosene got popular back in the day (and why there were efforts to make and sell "coal oil" before) was that whales (at least the species hunted for its fat) were about to get extinct, making whale oil more and more expensive and hard to get, right?

It's far more more efficient to make fuels out of fish that is low in the food chain and isn't eaten by humans. In the long run, the best is to make diesel fuels out of algae (serious experiments are done now).