ThePolishAviator
ACCESS: Restricted
- Joined
- 29 January 2021
- Messages
- 22
- Reaction score
- 21
Hi folks,
for some time now I've been bugged by the idea of trying to build an airplane. I've come up with the general design but to start finalizing it I need to choose a suitable powerplant.
The aircraft will be a tractor-configuration Part-103 with an unusually low landing speed.
I have some experience servicing small engines but I have no clue what is on the market in the required size.
I looked atound for some paramotor engines but they rarely are available in tractor configurations and I also don't have experience to judge them outside of basic performance stats.
The priorities for my design are:
-Power around 17 horsepower
-Weight no more than 20kg for the whole assembly (engine, prop, exhaust, peripherals)
-Low per flight hour cost (I'm willing to maintain the engine more often if the overall cost is smaller, just like with off-brand rotax spark plugs)
-Fuel economy that isn't outright terrible
I'd really apreciate people with hands-on experience to recomend some engines they found pleasant to work with.
for some time now I've been bugged by the idea of trying to build an airplane. I've come up with the general design but to start finalizing it I need to choose a suitable powerplant.
The aircraft will be a tractor-configuration Part-103 with an unusually low landing speed.
I have some experience servicing small engines but I have no clue what is on the market in the required size.
I looked atound for some paramotor engines but they rarely are available in tractor configurations and I also don't have experience to judge them outside of basic performance stats.
The priorities for my design are:
-Power around 17 horsepower
-Weight no more than 20kg for the whole assembly (engine, prop, exhaust, peripherals)
-Low per flight hour cost (I'm willing to maintain the engine more often if the overall cost is smaller, just like with off-brand rotax spark plugs)
-Fuel economy that isn't outright terrible
I'd really apreciate people with hands-on experience to recomend some engines they found pleasant to work with.