Let's have some Fun

it match my very dark sense of Humor...
Well, good for you, Michel! I don't get it, but I really don't mind having it explained to me - perhaps my quarter century+ uninterrupted absence from Europe has dulled my continental humor sensibilities, so please enlighten me, if you kindly would...
 
Well, good for you, Michel! I don't get it, but I really don't mind having it explained to me - perhaps my quarter century+ uninterrupted absence from Europe has dulled my continental humor sensibilities, so please enlighten me, if you kindly would...

how i put this politely ?

I grew up in Belgium (against my will) , you heard allot rumours and cliches about Belgium, They are all true !
Living in this Kafkaesque kingdom, stain you soul with nasty dark and some times vile Humor...

...this analog comes close to Belgium inner workings
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEyFH-a-XoQ
 
One need not be a European to appreciate dark humor. Heck, you'd think that a modern European would *really* appreciate that genre, given the outlook the place has.
Honestly, this whole here rocky minor planet seems to be careening into evermore wild directions/gyrations I never nightmared of - it's an exciting time to be alive?! But I guess the finding humor in cruelty/decay/failure/suffering/violence gene is missing in my DNA string.
 
Last edited:
how i put this politely ?

I grew up in Belgium (against my will) , you heard allot rumours and cliches about Belgium, They are all true !
Living in this Kafkaesque kingdom, stain you soul with nasty dark and some times vile Humor...

...this analog comes close to Belgium inner workings
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEyFH-a-XoQ
They *do* brew really good beer though.
 
One thing that's nagged at me about the Star Wars universe is the 'Tarkin doctrine.' It is in essence that the ability to exert control though fear is more efficient in the long term than constantly having to perform medium-scale military interventions - once you've demonstrated overwhelming force. Hence the Death Star and the imperial star destroyers with jagged shapes and intimidating names. Remember that the Empire has vast industrial capacity and thousands of ships. That's all very well with ships like Executor and Malevolence, but eventually run out of these high-level collywobblers and move down the list of professions and emotions. Are potentially rebellious star systems going to be cowed by Auditor and Sarcasm, let alone Telephone Sanitiser and Ennui?
 
A group of professors were invited to a plane, and after they were seated, they were told that the plane was designed by their students. As a result, all the professors got off the plane, and only one professor sat there motionless. Someone asked him why he didn't dare to go down quickly, and he said, "Don't worry, this plane can't fly at all."
 

Similar threads

Back
Top Bottom