Le Fana de L'Aviation June 2010 Special Issue - Messerschmitt jets!

Antonio

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks promising. As soon as I receive my copy I'll post the contents summary.

Attachments

• Le Fana 2010.pdf
    264 KB · Views: 89
I received this a couple weeks ago through Livreaero.com (great retailer with very inexpensive overseas postage - they must be losing money on shipping to North America) and have to say that it makes a nice but not essential companion to Radinger and Schick's "Messerschmitt Geheimprojekte," which was also published by Schiffer as "Secret Messerschmitt Projects." For pre-1945 material, I did not notice anything substantially new, though it was interesting to see many of the original blueprints shown in the aforementioned book now reproduced in color. There seems to be some new material on Messerschmitt's postwar work in Egypt and India, but nothing really remarkable, IMHO. This is just a cursory review—have not had a chance to read it in depth, as reading French is slow going for me. Perhaps Pometablava or another European reader can inform us if there are any interesting revelations in the main text?

-Jared Zichek

aeroarchivepress.com
jaredzichek.magcloud.com

Perhaps Pometablava or another European reader can inform us if there are any interesting revelations in the main text?

As Jared says I was surprised to see (I received the mag because I'm Le Fana subscriber) that basically it's a Radinger and Schick's translation into French. I already had "Messerschmitt Geheimprojekte" so there aren't any noticeable improvements over the original edition.

Back
Top Bottom