Latécoère 670 to 673 seaplane fighter projects

Jemiba

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
What's about the Latécoère 670 float plane fighter, a project from 1938 ?

Would have been a nice little aircraft, intended to be catapulted from the
bigger warships.
(from Jean Cuny " Latécoère -Les Avions et Hydravions")

Attachments

• Late-670.JPG
    Late-670.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 922
anyone can post pictures\information about these lockheed (?) jet seaplane fighter projects? i am refering to the text below taken from page 2 with the topic seaplane jet fighters.

"The late 670 to 673 projects were floatplane fighters, with different wing and float layout, the 670, 671 and 672 had tractor props, the 673 a pusher prop. All were drawn up in 1938-39, but not realized. But good stuff for the early secret projects section."

Kenneth, not sure if you mean the Lockheed jet seaplane fighter with hydro skis, or
the projects you mentioned in your quote "..late 670 to 673 projects.."
I've seen now, that there's a little typo, sorry.
It should be ".. the Laté 670 to 673 ..." for Latécoère. Those were single engined
floatplane fighter projects of the pre-war era. If you are interested , I'll post them in the
early projects section. About the Lockheed project, I think, there's hardly more, than was
already posted.

ok jemiba thanks for the clarification. i thought they were lockheed projects. interesting subject and goes fairly well with the others about submersible aircraft and submarine aircraft carriers.

Some relation? Almost same scale.

Attachments

• L’Aviation_Navale_Joffre-15.jpg
    L’Aviation_Navale_Joffre-15.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 293
  • 670 and 675.jpg
    670 and 675.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 310
".. we have to regard this project as a version with wheeled landing gear of the 670, which was very similar ... "

That's what Cuny tells us in his book "Latécoère -Les Avions et Hydravions". Sounds, as if he hadn't found any
direct evidence, but it seems logical.