• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

LARA (Light Armed Reconnaissance Aircraft)

Pioneer

Seek out and close with the enemy
Reaction score
All LARA proposal models were built at the same, unusually small 1/72 scale – undoubtedly a DoD requirement.
Probably do General's could fit them on their desks, without taking up room for their cigar boxes

Regards
Pioneer

Pioneer

Seek out and close with the enemy
Reaction score
Nice contribution thanks RAP

Can't help but notice in meeting the 'six troop transportion requirements', that Beech located one of the soldiers in the rear most of the cockpit? But alas I only count five troop's....wonder where the sixth is located?
Regardless, it doesn't look overly comfortable - especially after two weeks in the bush, when living on ratpacks/MRE's

Regards
Pioneer

Attachments

kenfalzon

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Hi,

Also for LARA program,the Grumman G-340,a tandem two
seat Mohawk.
Hesham are you sure about the G-340 designation? Because the Grumman designation for the Mohawk is G-134.

Can someone ID the following supposedely LARA contender?

hesham

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
Yes I am sure,but we can say it's a different or a developed version of G-134A.

allysonca

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
Nope, I hate to disagree with Pioneer, but I've had many 1/48th scale LARA models as well as a few in 1/10, 1/20th and 1/40th over the years...... Take this in-house Charger in 1/48 which I also had in 1/10th as well.616302

famvburg

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
About 30+ years ago, my first dealings with resin display models was with Rick’s Models out of Ohio, I think. He sold basic blank kits and finished models. Nearly all of his models were 1/48, and since my scale is 1/72, I asked if there was any hope for us 1/72 fans. He said “No, the preferred scale for display models is 1/48”. Of course, the would custom-build anything in any scale, for a price. In 1989, I did buy a solid resin 1/72 B-2 and XF-12 Rainbow from him tho.

allysonca

Reaction score
Rick bought a lot of models from Al Parker over the years. You may recall the yellow resin with the stinky smell. We've come a long way since then with newer materials that are lighter, sandable, and stable.

Basil

Reaction score
An interesting feature of this Martin proposal with its inverted v tail is the use of exhaust gases for tail plane steering augmentation at low flight speeds. The turboprop's exhaust gases are rooted within the tailbooms and exhausted over the rudders. It was developed and patented by Hans Multhopp, chief designer of the Ta-183, during his time at Martin.