Kriss V Weapon

vajt

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
What an interesting concept for a greatly reduced recoil weapon.

http://www.kriss-tdi.com

Does anyone know if they are planning an assault rifle version in 5.56, 6.8 or 7.62mm caliber?

-----JT-----

vajt said:
What an interesting concept for a greatly reduced recoil weapon.

http://www.kriss-tdi.com

It's not really a "concept," so much as a "production item you can buy." I held one in my hands today (Utahns take note: it's available for range-rental at Impact Arms in Roy, though sadly only semi-auto). Surprisingly light weight.

vajt said:
Does anyone know if they are planning an assault rifle version in 5.56, 6.8 or 7.62mm caliber?

-----JT-----

According to rumour at places like SHOT Show 2009, TDI are looking at using the Kriss concept for 12 gauge and .50 cal., so a rifle caliber weapon should be a cinch.

Haven't had a chance to fire one yet, though :-[

Regards,

Thomas L. Nielsen
Denmark

I guess if they are doing the .50cal and shotgun, they can do anything in between. Interesting about the shotgun...wonder why they are developing that before an assault rifle.

Were they at the 2009 SHOT Show?

-----JT-----

wonder why they are developing that before an assault rifle

Larger possible market? Selling a whole new AR to a large user like the military would take some doing, so a shotgun might be a better choice to increase sales to individuals and small security organisations.

RP1

RP1 said:
...so a shotgun might be a better choice to increase sales to individuals and small security organisations.

Having a short-barreled 12-guage Saiga, I can confirm that it's got a hell of a kick and keeping it on target while rapid-firing is a bit of a challenge, even with the weight of a 20-round drum weighing it down. A Kris in 12 guage with a short barrel would be a useful security weapon. A 12-guage Kris with an 18-inch barrel would look kinda funny. The .45 Kris I saw yesterday had a mock suppressor on it, giving it an extremely extended-looking barrel... it looked kinda odd.

Anyone have any pictures of their stand at the 2009 Shot Show?

Thanks.

-----JT-----

I wonder why they bother releasing a semi-automatic, longer barreled civilian version of the KRISS. The gun's "gimmick" is that it reduces recoil, especially at full auto. But doesn't being semi-automatic and having a longer barrel eliminate the need to reduce recoil?

funkychinaman said:
I wonder why they bother releasing a semi-automatic, longer barreled civilian version of the KRISS. T

Because they can. Capitalism, baby!

A full auto version would be unaffordable to the bulk of the US public due to unconstitutional laws that have been in place since the 1930's... it'd probably run around $16,000. But a semi-auto version would probably run about $1000, plus or minus. The annoyingly long barrel will be a deterrant, though. With a proper barrel, it'd be a reasonably concealable, and even in semi-auto it'd probably sell quite well as a home defense weapon or general plinker.