Kozlov EI or EOI experimental fighter

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

Mr. S. G. Kozlov was a professor at Zhukovskii VVA and he designed
the EI or EOI single-seat experimental fighter of 1939.Main feature
that low-wing 9,2m span had variable incidence,powered by one
1650hp M-107 engine,the prototype was almost completed.

V.B.Shavrov. "History of aircraft construction in the USSR 1938-1950 "
Experimental single-seat fighter. Low-winged scheme with variable installation angle of the wing (rotating around the front spar). In fact, it was a repetition of ideas, we have undertaken in 1916 and even then did not prove the planes Kolpakov, Villisha, Kasyanenko and Diehl. The engine was assumed to M-107.

Wing span 9,2 m was made integral with the flaps and differential ailerons, longerons its I-section with steel shelves-brands and duraluminum wall sheathing plywood veneer varying thickness. It was attached to the fuselage front spars duralyuminum monocoque oval cross section. Control plane rigid ball bearing. The design of mixed.

The aircraft was designed in the Air Force Academy. NE Zhukovsky in 1939 Actors: Sergei Grigorievich Kozlov, Michael M. Shishmarev (landing gear), Dmitry Osipovich Gura (Deputy Chief Designer), Vitaly Chulkov (wing), Savely Naumovich Kahn and Joseph Abramovich Sverdlov (calculators, prochnisty, outstanding experts in this case), etc.

The construction was carried out at the factory. Because of the difficulty of the problem was a lot of alterations in the project and in the drawings, the plane was late, was not finished building and 16 October 1941, when the evacuation was destroyed together with the drawings.

I'm sorry, the translation technology.

Attachments

• 'EI'  by S.Kozlov.jpg
    'EI' by S.Kozlov.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 262
Thank you my dear Borovik very much,

it is amazing project and I think you spoke before about
the Kozlov Gigant, a giant bomber of 1931 here;

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,8122.msg71781/highlight,crew+18-22.html#msg71781

there was good engineers in Urss ! :D

This experimental fighter was simply nice ! :)