Klemm Kl 153 "Späher" (Scout)

hesham

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
Hi,

and who said the Kl-153 never used,it was twin engined light transport project,probably
that Klemm twin boom Model,frankly I don't know.

Flieger Revue Extra

Attachments

Wurger

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Dear Hesham,

thank so much for this great find. Although mentioned as a liaison aircraft, it is also stated as a "aufklärer", light reconnaissance aircraft. Not so sure on "ablösemuster" regarding the Fi156.
Keep pumping!!!

hesham

Reaction score
Thank you my dear Wurger,

but is it a Kl-153 or not ?.

Apophenia

Reaction score
Well, your Flieger Revue table lists it as the Kl 153 'Späher' or 'Scout'. So, that seems to confirm the Kl 153 designation.

Wurger: Ablösemuster means something like 'release pattern' ... perhaps meaning the final, accepted form of the Fi 156?

Thanks for the correction Jens!

Jemiba

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Apophenia said:
Wurger: Ablösemuster means something like 'release pattern' ... perhaps meaning the final, accepted form of the Fi 156?
Sorry to correct you, but "Ablösemuster" rather means "successor" or "replacement", so it generally can
be a totally different design, even by another manufacturer.

Wurger

Reaction score
If it means an "ersatz" for the "Storch", it gets even better. A completelly unknown aircraft to me, reaching at least the mock-up stage, and a succesor to the Fi156.
Jens, may I ask you to make one of your respected line drawings on what`s available on this plane?

Jemiba

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Had that idea, too, when I got the scan from fightingirish, but we'll have to live
with a lot of uncertainties, as the photo shows the mock-up from the rear quarter.

richard

Reaction score
Just an idea : The Kl 153 and the Fi 168 could be answers to the same requirement ?

hesham

Reaction score
Jemiba said:
Apophenia said:
Sorry to correct you, but "Ablösemuster" rather means "successor" or "replacement", so it generally can
be a totally different design, even by another manufacturer.

My dear Jemiba,

it is Kl-153,my dear Richard sent to me a picture for it from front.

Attachments

fightingirish

Reaction score
Yes, richard and hesham, thanks for posting that front view of the Klemm HK 4012 / Kl 153 "Späher". :)
The picture caption is in German, so do you have the source?

Wurger

Reaction score
Had that idea, too, when I got the scan from fightingirish, but we'll have to livewith a lot of uncertainties, as the photo shows the mock-up from the rear quarter

No excuses now :) !

Stargazer2006

Staff member
Reaction score
You rock, guys! This is a great discovery.

fightingirish

Reaction score
BTW, according to Andreas Parsch, the RLM designations "152" and "153" were first used by Klemm.
After disbanding these projects, these designations were transferred to Focke-Wulf.
They used them then for the Focke-Wulf Ta 152 and Focke-Wulf Ta 153 (Ta 152H).
Source: http://www.designation-systems.net/non-us/germany.html

Jemiba

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Wurger said:
No excuses now :) !
Ok, ok, I've got started !
Using the two photos, I've got that preliminary sketch to check dimensions and proportions.
It's quite probably not the last iteration, but If somebody notice errors, or has other ideas,
please tell me. Why should it be solely my responibility ? ;)

Attachments

richard

Reaction score
fightingirish said:
Yes, richard and hesham, thanks for posting that front view of the Klemm HK 4012 / Kl 153 "Späher". :)
The picture caption is in German, so do you have the source?

Just a little booklet about Böblingen aerodrome , and among some well known pictures , this jewell ….

hesham

Reaction score
Wow,amazing paint my dear Jemiba.

Arjen

It's turtles all the way down
Reaction score
To me it seems the windshield is slightly more forward, I've also changed the curve to the rear fuselage and position and size of the windows.
<edit> changed the filename

Attachments

richard

Reaction score
Great if you could put it on the Kl107/ Kl 151/ Kl152 line drawings shown by Fightingirish ...

Jemiba

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Arjen said:
To me it seems the windshield is slightly more forward, I've also changed the curve to the rear fuselage and position and size of the windows.
Agreed, my drawing was the result of an attempted RCCad-reconstruction and I think,
that I still have width and planview of the fuselage gondola wrong, probably effecting
those details.
Judging engine nacelles and other details, I think, the mock-up was quite a basic one,
compared for example to that of the Fi 168. About the landing gear, I think, that the
struts would have had same shape and thickness from the wing to the wheel spats.
A point still to be decided is the shape of the outer wings, but here other Klemm types
can act as pattern, I think.

Jemiba

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Have made the plan and front view, open to discussion, of course. On a second look, I think, the
distance between fuselage and engine nacelles should be shorter. Not sure about the section above
the windshield. Is it a transparent panel allowing better view upwards, or was the mock-up just still
not completely plated over there ?
As already mentioned, the mock-up seems not to be very detailed, at least I cannot recognise any
hinge lines on the fins or tail plane or maybe on the center wing.
Wing planform of the outer wings is roughly that of contemporary Klemm aircraft. For the engine
nacelles, maybe the nose of the Kl 35 should be used as a pattern, as it used the Hirth 506A, too,
was in large scale production and so using the cowling (slightly modified) would have eased production.

Attachments