KAB-500Kr

qwerty123

Bug Off
Reaction score
Hello I have a question. Can the KAB-500Kr bomb track moving targets like the American WALLEYE ?
If so, what is the evidence for this ?
1663764286611.png
1663764357686.png

Warthunder notwithstanding, Walleye wasn't really used against moving targets. It needed a stable, high-contrast scene to lock on reliably, and small moving targets were far from ideal.

Warthunder notwithstanding, Walleye wasn't really used against moving targets. It needed a stable, high-contrast scene to lock on reliably, and small moving targets were far from ideal.
can u give sources?

One example:

THE DEVELOPMENT OF PRECISION GUIDE BOMBS: THE LONG ROAD TO DESERT STORM AND BEYOND

You'll note that the typical targets for Walleye were bridges, barracks, and bunkers. Other sources also mention power plants and other fixed targets. No account I can find mentions Walleye engaging moving targets on land. (Paveway LGBs were used on moving targets.)

The one obvious exception is that Walleye was also intended to target ships at sea, which are moving, but also usually offer good contrast and not much clutter to deal with.

can u give sources?

One example:

THE DEVELOPMENT OF PRECISION GUIDE BOMBS: THE LONG ROAD TO DESERT STORM AND BEYOND

You'll note that the typical targets for Walleye were bridges, barracks, and bunkers. Other sources also mention power plants and other fixed targets. No account I can find mentions Walleye engaging moving targets on land. (Paveway LGBs were used on moving targets.)

The one obvious exception is that Walleye was also intended to target ships at sea, which are moving, but also usually offer good contrast and not much clutter to deal with.
Thank you. Do you have more sources?
And the second question. Can Kab-500Kr track moving targets such like tanks?

Sorry, that's the limit of the research I'm doing. And I'm not aare of Kab-500Kr at all -- just wanted to correct the misconception about Walleye.

Sorry, that's the limit of the research I'm doing. And I'm not aare of Kab-500Kr at all -- just wanted to correct the misconception about Walleye.
Ok. If u have more sources about walleye and other bombs like gbu-8,gbu-15 without thermal seeker couldnt track moving targets please post here sources etc..

No, 500Kr (or any TV-guided KAB) can't track moving target, since it uses whole picture correlation.

Dude, you've made 12 posts here and it's all "gimme, gimme, gimme.".

You need to contribute, not just demand that other people answer your questions (especially ones that edge into really, unusually, specific technical data).
Let's not be  too harsh) If everyone on this forum contributed as much as asked, we would have 20% of current population at best.

Dude, you've made 12 posts here and it's all "gimme, gimme, gimme.".

You need to contribute, not just demand that other people answer your questions (especially ones that edge into really, unusually, specific technical data).
Let's not be  too harsh) If everyone on this forum contributed as much as asked, we would have 20% of current population at best.

The very demanding tone was getting to me.

Now that I know he's just hunting for Warthunder fodder, I can more easily ignore him.