Jurek J-8 water autogyro

Stingray

Resident retro rainbow rotorhead nerdy girl, uwu
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
It was designed by a Czeslaw Jurek in Poland... and that's all I know for sure. Note that I found it here in a list of J&AS Aero Design aircraft with similar J-series designations, but I can't seem to find a connection between them.

Does anyone have more info on this one?
Thanks.

Attachments

• gj8.jpg
    gj8.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 221
It was designed by a Czeslaw Jurek in Poland... and that's all I know for sure. Note that I found it here in a list of J&AS Aero Design aircraft with similar J-series designations, but I can't seem to find a connection between them.

Thanks.

Thanks.
Hi. I am the grandson of Czesław Jurek. he is the father of my mother, who changed her surname after she got married, so my surname is different. I have photos of the Grycocopters that my grandfather built. plans, technical drawings and a flight book have also been preserved. Unfortunately, no flying specimen or even any remains have survived. I found this forum because I want to recreate the story of my grandfather who died before I was born. Please contact
+48661767390
Mail: dawidwoszczyk@vixoria.com

At first glance, the first photo reminds us of some of the un-powered, towed auto-gyro gliders that - the American - Igor Bensen experimented with.
Did your grandfather have access to plans or manuals written by Bensen?

Please note that I am not accusing your grandfather of plagarism because Bensen freely sold plans and components to help amateurs get started building their own auto-gyros.