• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

JH-XX ... China's stealthy fighter-bomber unveiled !

sferrin

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
Larger intakes for more powerful engines maybe? ???

latenlazy

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
sferrin said:
Larger intakes for more powerful engines maybe? ???
Oh hey, didn't even notice! Good eyes.

I think the chatter seems to indicate that XAC opted for a less audacious upgrade than all the leaked mock-ups and digital models were indicating. Makes sense, considering how much they now have on their plate (and how unnecessary a stealthy JH-7 may end up being).

Deino

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Actually I'm more and more convinced that the JH-7B-project is indeed only an avionics-related upadate - and as such I'm almost sure that is is intented as a MLU - with nearly no external changes.
If You look there are already two prototypes - the yellow/green 821 and the one with only a new front section numbered 822 - and I assume one is a new built aircraft, whereas the other one could be a refurbished older JH-7A
Even that strange-looking bump on the tail is only due to an optical Illusion since the tail's leading edge has the same colour as the sky in the background.

Deino

Attachments

Deino

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
again the JH-7B ... but it seems as if there at least externaly no changes at all !? ???

Attachments

quellish

I am not actually here.
Reaction score
sublight said:
Question: If you RCS optimize the shape but construct the aircraft from Aluminum, will it still reasonably reduce the RCS? I see a lot of rivets in that photo....
Have you ever heard of the F-117?

Vahe Demirjian

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score