Jet powered P-47 RAAF and SEAC

damian2

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm working on this profile for the 1946 GB over on the What If board but it has some relevance here too.

P-47Jetfinal-2.png

D

Re: Jet powered P-47

That's coming on a treat.
P

Re: Jet powered P-47

Well the first profile is done! I've always loved how Expected Goose looked as a P-47N and there was no doubt that this would be the first of the jets.

P-47JetExpectedGoosel.png

I hope you like her! More to come!

D

Re: Jet powered P-47 Expected goose done :)

Tonight I'd like to introduce you to Fran from the 395th Fighter Squadron aka the "Panzer Dusters"

P-47JetFran.png

The pin up took about 3 hours to get right. Who knew drawing boobs could be so hard?? Anyhoo I hope you like her, expect some more nose arted brutes soon!

D

Re: Jet powered P-47 Fran from the 395th FS!!!

These look fabulous. You have recreated the missing link between the P-47 and the P-84!

Absolutely gorgeus!!

Well done damian.... ;)

One of my all-time favourite missing link. Congratulations for this outstanding work! Thanks!

damian2 said:
Who knew drawing boobs could be so hard??

Me, but your results are much better ! ;)

Attachments

• noseart.jpg
    noseart.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 553

Jemiba said:
damian2 said:
Who knew drawing boobs could be so hard??

Me, but your results are much better ! ;)

This might be somewhere where it's worth using Poser or Daz Studio to produce the nose-art and then cutting and pasting it onto the profile. Relevant example attached -- this was something I did for the launch of the Girl 4 figure.

Attachments

• G4 Da Bomb.jpg
    G4 Da Bomb.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 535
  • G4 Noseart 1000x1000.jpg
    G4 Noseart 1000x1000.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 32

Nice job for a modern aircraft! But if you want the nose ladies to look more realistic for the period (1940s) I suggest you take a look at the work of classic 2D pin-up artists such as Gil Elvgren, Alberto Vargas and the likes.

Well decided to brush up on the skills with two more P-47 jets.

The first is from the RAAF and is one of my favorite shcemes and one I'd like to add to a Bearcat in this guise and a F-16 in a more modern version:
P-47Jet35SqnRAAF.png

The for all the SEAC fans out there, I based this off of one of Clave's profiles becasue I was too lazy to dig up SEAC schemes other than looking up the colours :p
P-47JetSEAC.png

Now where did I put those Hawk plans?

I hate to be a weenie about a What If creation, but wouldn't the CG be out of place in this configuration. Where's the engine? There are 2 alternatives:
- in front of the cockpit, in which case the really long jet pipe would run under or through the cockpit - I can't imagine that would be popular among pilots
- aft of the cockpit
In either case, a large mass has been unbolted from the front end and another added further aft while the wings and tail seem to retain their P-47 positions.