Jeniah fighter UCAV project

tyrin

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
At the International Defence Exhibition and Conference IDEX (IDEX 23) exposition in Abu Dhabi (UAE), the Abu Dhabi Defense and Space Manufacturing company (ADASI) unveiled a model of the Jeniah (جنيه، fairy) Unmanned Combat Aerial System (UCAS).

The Jeniah project is the result of three years of research and development efforts. In a few years it has become clear that the interest of the company in unmanned air systems and precision units has been high and recently won many export contracts. There are rumors that the company has benefited from the experience of many South African engineers after the collapse of their companies.

The Jeniah is designed to guarantee covert characteristics, with the possibility of working individually or in different formations to perform different tasks, such as attack, exploration and ground support deep within enemy defenses. According to the company, the aim of the project emphasizes the rapid changes on the future battlefield and the need for anti -access/area denial (or A2/AD) systems to control access to and within an operational environment.

1680394916693.png

1680394929873.png

1680394950502.png

1680394963049.png

1680394989356.png

1680395171686.png

View: https://twitter.com/_edgegroup/status/1635943922563416065?s=46&t=5r9RJyVDLFgx5QtHzpKD8w

The CEO of Edge expects it to be “ready” in around four years and it will have multiple versions of it developed. It will have air-to-air and air-to-ground capabilities.

1680395454602.png

It seems the focus is on fuel and range rather than payload but with the advent of small PGMs with high accuracy is a high payload necessary

It's easy to make a mockup but another to see real hardware. I will await the latter.

It's easy to make a mockup but another to see real hardware. I will await the latter.
He talks about similar statements made toward the company in the video I attached.

The main bottleneck in these projects internationally is funding, and when they have billions of dollars to put into these programs that is no longer a real problem. Expertise is easy to find, when you can pay them double or triple what they're making at Embraer or Denel.

again, I will await real hardware. We have seen other announcements before from this region - for instance that below from 2017 which has yet to produce anything:

again, I will await real hardware. We have seen other announcements before from this region - for instance that below from 2017 which has yet to produce anything:

That's a bit different but yeah lets wait and see you're 100% right. It should be about 2027 according to the CEO, so I'll try to update this thread when news comes out.

"AlMulla expects the drone to be ready in four years but said that EDGE is looking at ways to accelerate the development and production phase, including investing in foreign firms to bring new technology for the design"