'Japanese Special Attack Aircraft & Flying Bombs' has been released!

ryusuke

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Hi all,

'Japanese Special Attack Aircraft & Flying Bombs' book is ready and has been released!

http://www.mmpbooks.biz/mmp/books.php?book_id=39

Regards,
Ryusuke

Thanks,
High time to order.. ;)

The book costs 24.95, and postage to the US is 16.50? Ouch!! Perhaps Amazon.com will carry it?

That would be $37.69 plus $24.88 for shipping, total $62.57. To be fair, it is a large book (264 pages) and that price is pretty on the mark. But, yea...the shipping will get you every time!

Hopefully Amazon.com does. Can't see why they wouldn't unless Mushroom doesn't sell to them for cost reasons. When I was selling my RPG book to Amazon.com back in the early 1990s, they wanted at least 50% off the retail to carry it. So, if a publisher is running a slim margin, 50% off may be tough to swallow.

Clioman said:
The book costs 24.95, and postage to the US is 16.50? Ouch!! Perhaps Amazon.com will carry it?

Amazon doesn't have it (yet).
However, if you can't wait, go to allbookstores.com, put in the ISBN 9788389450128, and you can get it delivered from the UK for about $34 (USD).

Today I got my book, and found Maru-Ke scale plan is printed incorrectly! It is a pity, but it is too late.
So please access to "http://www.mmpbooks.biz/mmp/books.php?book_id=39" and download the correct plan. And print it out and insert it to the book.

Regards,
Ryusuke

I ordered my book directly from Mushroom last Thursday (7 May), got it today, one week later (14 May). Not cheap, but a very nice book.

Thank you, Steven

I am very glad to hear that. Tadeusz and I want to get more good and bad comments from the members in this site, and especially we want to know the member's requests for our future book projects.

I will supplement some information in the book and show the correction (I found two at least! besides Maru-Ke incorrect drawings, sorry), maybe next week.

Regards,
Ryusuke

Hi all,

I think some of you already got our book. As for corrections, they will be sumed up and would be shown later.
I would like to supplement the information in our book a little.

The biggest surprise in our book is the information of Jinryu, a suicide attack glider. It was not called Shinryu (So, it is not Shinryu II, but Jinryu II, Ed).
Until today, the information of Jinryu was very limited and we didn't believe its photo existed. But quite by accident, I could make contact with an ex-trainee of Jinryu, Mr. Ohmura. Fortunately he had photos and official drawings (Never post them!). I interviewed him and could get new information. So now we can show you the true information about Jinryu.
I am very happy that we could save the information from being lost forever. I think only this information is worth 25 pounds at least!

We added other several surprising information in the book. We hope you could enjoy our book.

Regards,
Ryusuke and Tadeusz

Hi all,

Now it seems you can buy our book from Amazon at discount price.
I would be happy if you can tell us any good or bad comments about our book.
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Ryusuke

this is the link to amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Special-Attack-Aircraft-Flying/dp/8389450127/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242977964&sr=1-1

Having a copy of the book in hand, I can say it is well worth it.

The book opens with a overview of the special attack forces, including the origins, history, formation, training, and customs. This moves into details on kamikaze operations in the various Pacific theaters. A list of IJA and IJN units flying suicide missions is included along with the aircraft they flew.

So, if you had a interest in the general history of kamikaze and didn't need info on other nations (ala "Suicide Squads"), this should fill the bill.

A brief bit on shimpu aircraft is given before the book moves into specific suicide aircraft of the IJA and IJN (the link to the index was given by Ryusuke, so, one can see the types discussed).

Fans of the Green Arrow book on IJA and IJN x-planes will be happy to see the Jinryu discussed at length and with photos, as Ryusuke pointed out. This makes the book a must have alone. And, thanks for the tip, Ryusuku, but, I'll stick with Shinryu since my own book discusses the Shinryu II and only gives a overview of the Jinryu as a lead-in to the interceptor design. Asides, since both names are identical in meaning ("Divine Dragon"), using Shinryu for the interceptor, as used in a number of sources, should prevent confusion with the glider. ;D

A number of missile projects are discussed at length, including ones many of us know about (I-Go series, for example) but there is a wealth of photos that you don't often see in other books. For those that may have Akira Sahara's book, now you have translations to some of the missile and jet projects he mentioned in his Japanese text.

The real nice part is the back of the book that has 24 pages of color profiles of the aircraft and missiles discussed in the text.

So, all in all, a most excellent book and a fine addition to one's shelf!

;D

EDIT: One thing I left out is the liberal scale drawings of the various aircraft and missiles. Just the ticket for modelers looking to kit bash. :D

Pelzig said:

The book opens with a overview of the special attack forces, including the origins, history, formation, training, and customs. This moves into details on kamikaze operations in the various Pacific theaters. A list of IJA and IJN units flying suicide missions is included along with the aircraft they flew.

So, if you had a interest in the general history of kamikaze and didn't need info on other nations (ala "Suicide Squads"), this should fill the bill.

A brief bit on shimpu aircraft is given before the book moves into specific suicide aircraft of the IJA and IJN (the link to the index was given by Ryusuke, so, one can see the types discussed).

Fans of the Green Arrow book on IJA and IJN x-planes will be happy to see the Jinryu discussed at length and with photos, as Ryusuke pointed out. This makes the book a must have alone. And, thanks for the tip, Ryusuku, but, I'll stick with Shinryu since my own book discusses the Shinryu II and only gives a overview of the Jinryu as a lead-in to the interceptor design. Asides, since both names are identical in meaning ("Divine Dragon"), using Shinryu for the interceptor, as used in a number of sources, should prevent confusion with the glider. ;D

A number of missile projects are discussed at length, including ones many of us know about (I-Go series, for example) but there is a wealth of photos that you don't often see in other books. For those that may have Akira Sahara's book, now you have translations to some of the missile and jet projects he mentioned in his Japanese text.

The real nice part is the back of the book that has 24 pages of color profiles of the aircraft and missiles discussed in the text.

;D

Hi Pelzig,
Thank you very much for you opinion about Ryusuke and my book.

Tadeusz

Pelzig said:

;D

Quite welcome and thank you!

Tadeusz Januszewski said:
Hi Pelzig,
Thank you very much for you opinion about Ryusuke and my book.

Tadeusz

Hi, Pelzig

Thank you for your good words.
I understand what you say about Shinryu/Jinryu. I am sure you will explain the successor to Jinryu in detail. Today I found your book is on Amazon.co.uk. Congratulations! I will pre-order a copy for myself.

Regards,
Ryusuke

This thread should be redirected to "'Japanese Special Attack Aircraft & Flying Bombs' Index page" because the book was released a decade.

Back
Top Bottom