Here some “Bifusoliera” (twin fuselage) italian projects

- Savoia Marchetti SM 91 , span 19,7 m length 13, 25 m 2xDB 605A
- Savoia Marchetti SM 92 , span 18,55 m length 13, 70 m 2xDB 605A
- Fiat G 58 span 15,52 m length 9,70 m 2xDB 605A or DB 603
- Macchi C.205 Bifusoliera span 14,10 m length 8,84 m 2xDB 605A
- Reggiane Re 2005 Bifusoliera span 13,75 m length 8,73 m 2XDB 605A
- Caproni Ca 380 Corsaro span 16,00 m length 11,90 m 2XDB 605A
Hi,

here is a more pictures to Reggiane Re.2005 Twin-Fuselage Project.
Note, the original design concept for the Reggiane Re-2005 Bifusoliera, was simple to mate two Re-2005 aircraft together without lengthening the fuselage, and smooth over one of the cockpits.

Italian designer started to investigate the twin fuselage configuration long before the WWII, the very first project was the Bestetti-Nardi BN.1 started as research aircraft (technology demonstrator we would say today) rather than an operational machine.

The BN 1 was designed around 1937-39 and it made its maiden flight in July 1940.

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bestetti_BN.1 (unfortunately only in Italian)
I have an original wooden model of this Bestetti Nardi BN.1
Angelo Bestetti is my grand-grand father (grandfather of my father) and we still have some "memories" of their Aircraft Industry.

Italian designer started to investigate the twin fuselage configuration long before the WWII, the very first project was the Bestetti-Nardi BN.1 started as research aircraft (technology demonstrator we would say today) rather than an operational machine.

The BN 1 was designed around 1937-39 and it made its maiden flight in July 1940.

Angelo Bestetti is my grand-grand father (grandfather of my father) and we still have some "memories" of their Aircraft Industry.

Welcome aboard Mariodb,

and of course we want to see it,also if there is something new about him,unknown projects ?.

Beauty!

Attachments

• img994.jpg
    img994.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 60
  • img995.jpg
    img995.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 53

Welcome aboard Mariodb,

and of course we want to see it,also if there is something new about him,unknown projects ?.
here few pics of the wooden model
BN.1 wooden model 01.jpeg BN.1 wooden model 02.jpeg BN.1 wooden model 03.jpeg

and here a pics of the first (hard) landing
BN.1 first landing.jpeg

Many thanks,and welcome aboard Mariodb.

Hello !
Once again we have a beautiful proof of the Transalpine inventiveness and creativity ... Could we know a little more about the characteristics and the performances, at least those calculated, of this pretty B.N.1 ?

I have also a detailed dossier about the project BN.3
Thank you for generously sharing the information, connected with works of your' ancestor - Angelo Bestetti!
It's a nice example, how even the rarest and one-off historical items could unexpectedly been revealed and presented to the world, and to the enthusiasts of this particular forum :)