Internet Access down!

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I will be unable to access the internet over the weekend. Some company have stolen my phone line!

Aggressive marketing tactics, they call it... Blast.
Hope this gets sorted out soon!

oh my...those coward NZ IT people...

Yes, a bunch of clueless muppets (Hi, Slingshot NZ) transferred my phoneline to themselves without permission, thereby cutting off the internet. Another bunch of clueless muppets (Hi, New Zealand Parliament) passed a law that prevented my phone company from telling me who had stolen my line. Luckily I work for my phone company and managed to find out.

If I hadn't had insider knowledge, I have no idea what I would have done. The suggestion I was given was to phone every phone company in New Zealand and ask each one if they stole my line.

So now its going to be transferred back. 21st July, I'll get the internet back.

overscan said:
If I hadn't had insider knowledge, I have no idea what I would have done.

If I be you, I will inform the police and make a complaint. Steal is steal, you have right for the compensation. BTW its still strange to me. In my country the company must guarantee the full access to the service that I pay for. If not, they are the ones that pay me.

hurrayah!
here in Moscow, concurrent ISP often used to cut contender's LAN cables at the apartment houses balks