Indiana Jones 5

"What the hell did I just see ?

Remember, every time you see something awful, something half-assed, something incompetent, something profoundly stupid or just badly made: for many of the people involved, that was the best they could do. Maybe it'll make you feel charitable. Maybe it'll make you feel contempt.

I get that. However, there are standards. I've worked in the media for a long time. Generally, amateur efforts don't sell. Period. I would not want to discourage anyone since all of the creatives I know began as amateurs. But they knew they needed to get better and a number bothered to do so and some are making a living from it. The company I work for has hired these people for various assignments.

On another site, someone announced the launch of their semi-creative endeavor, but all standards were ignored. The writer made it clear he would do something when he wanted, if he wanted. Fine. I'd rather go to a place that is active or has a schedule not to some 'hit or miss' 'when I feel like it' site.

That needs to be pointed out. Turning pro means going through all of the things required and meeting a certain level of quality. That is just a fact.

In case there was any doubt:
"Flying sharks", "Nazis in the Center of the Earth"... It seems to me, or were "Evil bong" and "Attack of killer tomatoes" less trash? What makes these films appear? Pervitin? But I think I know what could be more trashy among movies with nazi. I heard about an eastern european movie where there was an ax-Hitler, knives-nazi, a meat grinder and where a piece of meat was trying to escape... "Indiana Beefs and knives-SS", why not? :)

And now, to stay in the theme... Behold: the late (and much regreted) Jacques Villeret, dressed as Hitler half-brother with the name of Von Apfelstrudel (= Chancellor Austrian Applecake, if you prefer)
... singing Julio Iglesias romantic song to the (much baffled) French Opera Singer Helena Bourdelle

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmZwYNtVaU8

"Kreat konkerors are offen very lonely men... take yourf Naboleon, for exfample... he wrote fery peautiful loffe letters to his wiffe Jozeffine, in front of a purning Moscow, yaaargh..."

Last edited:
The picture of the concrete 'Stonehenge' structure associated usually with Die Glocke is actually far more likely to be a base for a panoramic radar mounting.

1624472116691.png

That's the earliest such radar mounting near Berlin, but there were others.

The Sdkfz 222 is a popular vehicle to do reproductions of because it's easy to get 4 x 4 chassis' that will work as the automotive basis for one.

The picture of the concrete 'Stonehenge' structure associated usually with Die Glocke is actually far more likely to be a base for a panoramic radar mounting.
Nope. This is the "Stonehenge" for "Die Glocke:"

2775262091_4a51a3434a_z.jpg

More photos HERE.

But there is an *exact* match to the structure... the base of a cooling tower, a structure that was built to a common design in several locations in Poland at that time:

txPNagu_khltrme.jpg

This Guy visited both sites. They're about 25 kilometers apart.

Indiana Jones 5 Script Reportedly Leaks and Harrison Ford Is Already Injured

According to this pack of rumors, the title is "Indiana Jones and the Order of Elysium," and this time the bad guys aren't Nazis or Commies... it's NASA. Because it's two thousand and current year, of course it's NASA. NASA, and their insistence upon objective reality, and adherence to hard facts, and insistence upon 2+2=4, and failure to recognize indigenous truths about other ways of knowing how to go about spaceflight and emphasis on the scientific method and planning on a better future and having a solid work ethic. We *all* know what dogwhistles those are! Surely Indy will save us from the depredations of NASA!

Hmmm.

Maybe the guy who made it so that the Nazis failed to deliver a face-melting artificially intelligent weapon directly to Hitlers doorstep *was* responsible for stopping NASA it its tracks. Indy is responsible for stopping the Saturn V production line, prematurely terminating the Apollo program, cancelling NERVA and manned Mars missions and a proper space station.

Thanks, Indy.

Hahaha! "Indiana Jones and the ...um ... I can't remember" So do we get to meet the grandkids, since the kid turned out to be a no-go? Grandkids are always better anyway.

Shiah Labouff or whatever his name is... (I will spare this forum the potential tons of crass jokes related to his name in french language) I'm not sure Indy planned a kid like him...

Indiana Jones 5 Script Reportedly Leaks and Harrison Ford Is Already Injured

According to this pack of rumors, the title is "Indiana Jones and the Order of Elysium," and this time the bad guys aren't Nazis or Commies... it's NASA. Because it's two thousand and current year, of course it's NASA. NASA, and their insistence upon objective reality, and adherence to hard facts, and insistence upon 2+2=4, and failure to recognize indigenous truths about other ways of knowing how to go about spaceflight and emphasis on the scientific method and planning on a better future and having a solid work ethic. We *all* know what dogwhistles those are! Surely Indy will save us from the depredations of NASA!

Hmmm.

Maybe the guy who made it so that the Nazis failed to deliver a face-melting artificially intelligent weapon directly to Hitlers doorstep *was* responsible for stopping NASA it its tracks. Indy is responsible for stopping the Saturn V production line, prematurely terminating the Apollo program, cancelling NERVA and manned Mars missions and a proper space station.

Thanks, Indy.
Oh come on! Use some imagination here. Von Braun worked for NASA and he was Nazi... It only takes a little bit of stretching reality to have Nazis and other ne'er-do-wells in a secret cabal of some sort within NASA plotting the destruction of the universe or something...

Von Braun worked for NASA and he was Nazi...

He was a Nazi because he had to be in order to do his job. Now if Hans Kammler was in charge of NASA, that would be a valid concern.

A bigger threat would be Commies in NASA. But that would be more a matter of gutting NASA from within, rather than turning it into some sort of competent threat.

HMM... alternate thought: villain actually *is* Kammler. Survived the war, made it to the US end entered US service. Now secretly in charge of the Great Society programs. That would explain much. Indy discovers this, is about to reveal the truth to the world, gets rubbed out by Strong Female Character who ends the movie by taking his hat and putting it on herself, draping his whip over her shoulder.

He was a Nazi because he had to be in order to do his job. Now if Hans Kammler was in charge of NASA, that would be a valid concern.

A bigger threat would be Commies in NASA. But that would be more a matter of gutting NASA from within, rather than turning it into some sort of competent threat.

HMM... alternate thought: villain actually *is* Kammler. Survived the war, made it to the US end entered US service. Now secretly in charge of the Great Society programs. That would explain much. Indy discovers this, is about to reveal the truth to the world, gets rubbed out by Strong Female Character who ends the movie by taking his hat and putting it on herself, draping his whip over her shoulder.
The Order of Lenin was awarded to:

• Civilians for outstanding services rendered to the State
  • Members of the armed forces for exemplary service
  • Those who promoted friendship and cooperation between peoples and in strengthening peace
  • Those with meritorious services to the Soviet state and society
  • Kissinger, McNamara & Indy?

You miss my point. It's enough of a conspiracy theory sort of thing you could run with it in a movie. Some "Paperclip" (another operation that gets a lot of conspiracy theory attached to it) scientist / ex-Nazi is the evil genius that is manipulating NASA without their knowing it sort of thing. Throw in some Argentine Nazis and such, and you're on your way to crazy conspiracy theory land.
It's similar to one of those 60's Bond movies with some evil cabal wanting to blackmail the planet or blow it up or something. Throw in some space Nazis for good measure...

You miss my point. It's enough of a conspiracy theory sort of thing you could run with it in a movie.
*Could.* Problem being that von Braun was a real guy and portraying him, and presumably other Real World German Scientists as ideological Nazis is... well, "rude" doesn't seem to cover it. Especially in a world where there are *actual* Communists running around.

Nazis have been done to death. How about "Indy vs Proxmire and Teddy Kennedy?"

"conspiracy theory" Two words designed to bypass the intellect and create an emotional response. Meaningless in real life. Either some things actually happened or they didn't.

You miss my point. It's enough of a conspiracy theory sort of thing you could run with it in a movie.
*Could.* Problem being that von Braun was a real guy and portraying him, and presumably other Real World German Scientists as ideological Nazis is... well, "rude" doesn't seem to cover it. Especially in a world where there are *actual* Communists running around.

Nazis have been done to death. How about "Indy vs Proxmire and Teddy Kennedy?"
They could easily make someone up to be the bad guy here. And yes, "conspiracy theory" is designed to bypass intellect. But this is a movie. It's fictional. It's intended to create emotional responses and bypass intellect. You have to suspend reality just as was done in the other Indiana Jones movies.

That's not what I meant. To throw suspicion on something = conspiracy theory. Movies can be based on actual persons and events. Historical accuracy matters.

OT rememeber the old Disney movie with Seversky? "Victory Through Airpower". Now I have to find it.

That's not what I meant. To throw suspicion on something = conspiracy theory. Movies can be based on actual persons and events. Historical accuracy matters.
Even in such movies, the producers have to take liberties with historical accuracy to put a good story and screenplay up to sell the movie. Too much historical accuracy often makes for a dull movie.

Even in such movies, the producers have to take liberties with historical accuracy to put a good story and screenplay up to sell the movie. Too much historical accuracy often makes for a dull movie.

The movie JFK by Oliver Stone is a good example.

Or even worse than that. Stone had a lot of axes to grind, and historical accuracy took huge hits according to that.

Or even worse than that. Stone had a lot of axes to grind, and historical accuracy took huge hits according to that.

Your reply is fiction. A detailed study of the assassination of President Kennedy shows the accuracy of the events depicted in the movie JFK.

Your reply is fiction. A detailed study of the assassination of President Kennedy shows the accuracy of the events depicted in the movie JFK.

Surely, you can't be serious ?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

I'm very serious. Attorney Mark Lane wrote Rush to Judgment in 1966. A book where he showed the inconsistencies and missing testimony in the Warren Commission's report. He would later write: Last Word -- My Indictment of the CIA in the Murder of JFK. In the movie JFK, the character played by Donald Sutherland -- Mister X -- is L. Fletcher Prouty who served in the Pentagon during the time period. He wrote: JFK. The CIA, Vietnam and The Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy (Birch Lane Press, 1992).

Been a loooong time since I've seen that movie, but I seem to recall that it included the counter-factual notion that the "magic bullet" was undamaged, including as proof this photo:

JFKrevisited1350.jpg

Problem is, including that angle but not *other* angles is intentionally deceptive, as the "undamaged bullet" is extensively mashed.

jfk-conspiracy-industry.jpg

Attachments

• magic bullet.jpg
    magic bullet.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 5
For one bullet to cause the actual damage found in two people is untenable. After former Governor John Connally passed away, researchers asked for permission to examine his wrist since they knew that bullet fragments had been found there but left in place. His wife denied their request.

For one bullet to cause the actual damage found in two people is untenable.
Except, of course, it's not. Whether or not one bullet did it, the fact is that one bullet *could* do all manner of damage to two people. Ask any soldier who has Seen Some Shit.

After former Governor John Connally passed away, researchers asked for permission to examine his wrist since they knew that bullet fragments had been found there but left in place. His wife denied their request.
As well she should have. Enough with coddling conspiracy nuts.

I would imagine the direction of Fords` on screen actions will be greatly simplified these days. He will simply have
a stage-hand holding up a big card just out of shot, which will say either "Punch !" or "Look confused" (i.e no change)

I would imagine the direction of Fords` on screen actions will be greatly simplified these days. He will simply have
a stage-hand holding up a big card just out of shot, which will say either "Punch !" or "Look confused" (i.e no change)

I would hope that his cognitive abilities are just a tad better than that.