Indiana Jones 5

I'm looking forward to the scene where Indy climbs bravely down into the snake infested tomb ...only to forget what he's gone down there for. Also, rumour has it both 'Werther's Originals' and Honda are looking for product placement deals.

;)

The ridiculous thing about the Indiana Jones character is that he acts like a mere spectator. His enemies are ultimately defeated due to their mistakes.

The ridiculous thing about the Indiana Jones character is that he acts like a mere spectator. His enemies are ultimately defeated due to their mistakes.

Pardon me but what? His fights, his almost impossible risky actions that work out? "I'm making it up as I go along." In other words, his ability to improvise in situations that would have resulted in death. For example, sitting atop an ancient Egyptian statue and rocking it, causing it to break from its base and fall into a wall, which led to finding a way out.

Pardon me but what? His fights, his almost impossible risky actions that work out? "I'm making it up as I go along." In other words, his ability to improvise in situations that would have resulted in death. For example, sitting atop an ancient Egyptian statue and rocking it, causing it to break from its base and fall into a wall, which led to finding a way out.
It is the stupid Nazis who decide to open the ark while in fact he watches them die badly.

It is the stupid Nazis who decide to open the ark while in fact he watches them die badly.

And he survives even though he's nearby.

Pardon me but what? His fights, his almost impossible risky actions that work out?

If Indie hadn't been there, things would have worked out *better.* Nazis eventually find the Ark, fly it back to Berlin, open it before the Nazi leadership... BAM, no more Nazis. Lid falls back onto Ark. Second-string Nazis show up, look at all the corpses, open the lid... BAM, no more second string Nazis. Eventually the Soviets invade, steal the Ark, open it at the Kremlin.... BAM, no more Stalin and Beria and co.

THANKS, Indie.

Pardon me but what? His fights, his almost impossible risky actions that work out?

If Indie hadn't been there, things would have worked out *better.* Nazis eventually find the Ark, fly it back to Berlin, open it before the Nazi leadership... BAM, no more Nazis. Lid falls back onto Ark. Second-string Nazis show up, look at all the corpses, open the lid... BAM, no more second string Nazis. Eventually the Soviets invade, steal the Ark, open it at the Kremlin.... BAM, no more Stalin and Beria and co.

THANKS, Indie.

No more Indian Jones movies. No Cold War? Doubtful.

They're going to de-age him.

There are multiple approaches to that. The Marvel approach has been to massage video of the actual actor, with variable results. The de aged sam Jackson in Captain Marvel looked good while he was standing around, but when he ran... he ran like an old man.

Hopefully the dispatchers at the NYMR successfully deconflicted filming of IJ:5 and MI:7. It'd be a bit disconcerting to watch Indy/Ford fighting Nazis on top of a train while Ethan/Cruise passes fighting whoever it is this time on the train headed in the opposite direction.

"raideurs of the lost (story) arc"

raideur = stiffness (of the back)

Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth.

* Spoiler alert. * He finds it.

Nah, Jack Sparrow has already been there !

I have to say it is really painfull to watch every single "perfect" trilogy of my youth 80's and 90's crashing down in flames through bad sequels or reboots.

Terminator: ruined since number 3
Die hard: ruined since number 4
Alien: ruined since number 4
Star wars: ruined since the prequels
Indiana Jones: ruined since the 4

Remarquable that all these franchises started going down the drain after number three (except Terminator, admittedly, but T2 set the bar so high, that the three would be a whimper was probably unavoidable)

I hate to say that, but only poor M. J Fox Parkinson has prevented Back to the future from meeting the same fate. Pretty bizarre to think it remains of the few franchises still not marred by bad sequels. The De Lorean is crushed, Doc is happy with Clara and the kids, Marty future is safely on a good track, Biff has been neutralized.

And I say that as a foreigner, not American and not native english speaker, not grown with Star Trek TOS.

I can only imagine how painful it must be for people meeting the criterias above. You have my sympathies (and condoleances).

To me the all time best Indiana Jones is the third one, with Sean Connery. Nothing can better this. It is the perfect blend of drama and humour.

"She talks in her sleep !" - wasn't even in the script.

Last edited:
Next sequel: The Immortal Indiana Jones.

Well if he live long enough he could become a space ship captain and fly to Alderaan...
Indiana 2077: Bladerunner
Indiana 2099: the treasure of the Eternal Elizabeth [theme: God save the Queen metal cover]
Indiana 2150: the secret of the Putin Everchosen [theme: wide Putin earrape version]
Indiana 10 000: some secret weapon of some Kim from the North Korea
Indiana 40 000: the Necron tomb
Indiana
Indiana 40 000: Necromunda
The Indiathath-Jototh: the Old God

Oh boy. Nazis, Swastikas. It'll be a hit...
By the way, in what films, except "Iron sky", did nazi UFO filmed? It's very hard to remember. This is really a rare theme in the cinema (if you do not remember the trash like "zombie Nazis on flying sharks", etc.)
I found this on the internet:
IMG_20210618_145915.jpg

By the way, in what films, except "Iron sky", did nazi UFO filmed?

Given how seemingly popular the idea is, surprisingly few movies have had "Nazi UFOs." There's "Iron Sky, of course, and "Nazis at the Center Of The Earth," which sounds just awful. And there is also the original television miniseries "V" which had aliens in flying saucers who happened to have Nazi-esque iconogrpahy and fashion sense, so... kinda.

Attachments

• 1a9.gif
    1a9.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
"What the hell did I just see ?

Remember, every time you see something awful, something half-assed, something incompetent, something profoundly stupid or just badly made: for many of the people involved, that was the best they could do. Maybe it'll make you feel charitable. Maybe it'll make you feel contempt.

Or maybe they just wanted to make money while being lazy. Seems to be a valuable alternate theory to yours, thank you.

Lack of means can't be always used as an EXCUSE for plain mediocrity or just dumbarsery. In fact sometimes (or even too often) it is used as a convenient excuse for that.

As a matter of fact, it is far more easier to make people dumber than more intelligent. Far, far easier (populism, cough, cough, MGT extreme case and product of this)

It has been gawd knows how long since my last confession but here goes.

I have a copy of the sequel (Iron Sky: The Coming Race) and it continues the theme of the original, being bad enough to get my laughing muscles a good workout.

The dark tower however, is just terrible, sometimes even big name actors/directors etc cannot save it. Please, if you are thinking of buying it and read some of the reviews, don't, just don't.

I like this one better
(Firstborn of three Polar Bear cubs in 2019. Now living in UK)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210619-114107~2.png
    Screenshot_20210619-114107~2.png
    174.8 KB · Views: 9