Improved Minuteman Physical Security System (IMPSS)

StGrendel

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Perhaps it's beyond the scope of this forum, but I was wondering if anyone here has any info on the Improved Minuteman Physical Security System (IMPSS) that was a part of the Rivet Mile upgrades to Minuteman launch sites.

I've been reading up on Minuteman silos and I keep seeing this system mentioned. I'm very curious about it, and have attempted to find out more details about it/and or how the system works. However, extensive searches have turned up nothing more about what kind of system it is, how it works, or what the thing is made of other than it just "detects movement", incorporates a large white antenna at the launch site, and was a replacement for a previous system that was far too sensitive that frequently registered false positives (from animals and supposedly even insects!).

Link to photo of the IMPSS antennae at Minuteman National historic park:
http://www.npexp.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/P1010983.jpg

I also assume it's separate from the security cam, IR illuminators, and radar detectors. I haven't seen anything that would suggest that it's classified, but I suppose it's possible. Does anyone have any more detailed info on it; one way or the other?