'Improved Majestic-class' aircraft carrier?

Pioneer

Seek out and close with the enemy
Reaction score
G'day all

I just found this:

"In 1943, eight 'Improved Majestics' were planned, but developments in carrier aviation and the rapid obsolescence of the Light Fleets and the wartime armoured carriers required a larger and more capable design, which became the four-ship Centaur class."

Does anyone have further information/ drawing/specifications for this 'Improved Majestic'?

Regards
Pioneer

read the article on wikipedia .
Sorry airman, but are you Inferring to "but developments in carrier aviation and the rapid obsolescence of the Light Fleets and the wartime armoured carriers required a larger and more capable design, which became the four-ship Centaur class." in the article?, as I'm not quite sure as to where you are coming from.

Regards
Pioneer

Pioneer, this is all about poor wording in
Wikipedia. During the developmental and design stage this proposed design it was referred to as the
'Improved Majestic', but once ordered took on the name of the class lead ship and became the "Centaur class". The working titles of
'Improved Majestic' class was appropriate at the time because the Majestic design was modified (improved) to increase speed from 25 to 28 knots and to handled heavier and faster aircraft. That's all there is to this story.

Some things should be taken with a pinch of salt, much in
Wikipedia needs a truckload of salt

Steelwind
Thank you for your reply Steelwind.

In truth I don't take Wikipedia as a serious reference. The subject of the 'Improved Majestic' jumped out at me, and I thought it was something that I wasn't aware of and hence my enquire.
Thank you for the clarification (as to yours airman).

Pity, I thought I was going to learn something new.

Regards
Pioneer

Pioneer, this is all about poor wording in
Wikipedia. During the developmental and design stage this proposed design it was referred to as the
'Improved Majestic', but once ordered took on the name of the class lead ship and became the "Centaur class". The working titles of
'Improved Majestic' class was appropriate at the time because the Majestic design was modified (improved) to increase speed from 25 to 28 knots and to handled heavier and faster aircraft. That's all there is to this story.

Some things should be taken with a pinch of salt, much in
Wikipedia needs a truckload of salt

Steelwind
Thank you for your reply Steelwind.

In truth I don't take Wikipedia as a serious reference. The subject of the 'Improved Majestic' jumped out at me, and I thought it was something that I wasn't aware of and hence my enquire.
Thank you for the clarification (as to yours airman).

Pity, I thought I was going to learn something new.

Regards
Pioneer

Wikipedia english is better , italian wikipedia is worse especially @ voice " 5G " .