• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Imagination of the future from the past

hesham

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
From Ali Nuove 7/1954,

some new ideas offered by Italian amateurs for future aircraft.

Attachments

hesham

Reaction score
From Ali Nuove 5/1954,

many new ideas,but the fourth one was a mystery.

Attachments

hesham

Reaction score
Also from Ali Nuove 6/1954,

please note the fourth one also.

Attachments

hesham

Reaction score
Hi,

https://gizmodo.com/23-amazing-soviet-visions-for-the-future-of-transportat-1566015295

Attachments

martinbayer

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
There is some not unreasonable speculation that that movie partly inspired Kubrick for 2001.

Grey Havoc

The path not taken.
Reaction score

I disagree with him a bit on the servant robots. ;)

pavel1972

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
English Channel Tunnel Vintage Design (machine translation does not want to write the word "LaMansh Strait"). English Journal for Schoolchildren Practical Mechanics. Gorgeous graphics: huge metal pipes are immersed on cables under water. The magazine is absolutely unknown in Russia. I found it here yesterday on the site of american vintage radio magazines:

PRACTICAL MECHANICS: UK do-it-yourself magazine 1933-1963

Attachments

The Artist

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
English Channel Tunnel Vintage Design (machine translation does not want to write the word "LaMansh Strait"). English Journal for Schoolchildren Practical Mechanics. Gorgeous graphics: huge metal pipes are immersed on cables under water. The magazine is absolutely unknown in Russia. I found it here yesterday on the site of american vintage radio magazines:

PRACTICAL MECHANICS: UK do-it-yourself magazine 1933-1963
This is depicting a way underwater traffic tunnels are constructed. Many years ago, I stumbled across a fascinating photo essay documenting the construction of the I-95 Tunnel under the Baltimore Harbor. The tunnels were built in sections and floated out to the construction site where they were submerged. I cannot post a link because I've not seen that essay again. (I'm sure it was lost in the mad dash to protect us from the 9/11 Boogeymen.) From what I remember, the sections were not round tubes, but complex shapes that housed two traffic tubes and associated access/ventilation/electrical tubes. The pictures had caught my attention because they could easily have been modified to depict a large sci-fi spacecraft under construction.

pavel1972

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
:) The end of this "decadence": Hugo Gernsback magazines. 113-116 Helicopter is building a house. The project of course 1925-1930. 54-58 The first projects of space stations and spacecraft in the Western press. 1925-1930. 21-25 Magazine of the era of the First World War. Robot soldiers in the army. The inscription on the magazine is automatic soldiers. 9-10 Magazine of the era of the First World War. Projects of colossal tanks.

The collection of these masterpieces is here. Many thanks to the Americans. They scanned and laid out this beauty.

ELECTRICAL EXPERIMENTER - SCIENCE + INVENTION - Early science and electronic journals

Attachments

hesham

Reaction score
From L'Air Revue 1928,

a two idea for save aircraft,in foreground a Germany concept and background an American
parachute for aircraft.

Attachments