ID requested

walter

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Can anyone ID this aircraft. All I know it was probably a modified PT-19 and had dummy bombs under the wings and maybe a dummy retractable gear. May have appeared 1959/1960 and said to resemble a
Bf-109 fighter. No N-number known to me.

Attachments

• PT-19 modified.jpg
    PT-19 modified.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 243
I believe this to be the Mace M-101 Could Bee, also known as the Macerschmitt.

It was built by Harvey F. Mace, from Sacramento, California.

Only one was built in 1959, powered by a 125hp Lycoming O-290 engine. It carried the registration [N352L].

Thank you Skyblazer :)
My mystery aircraft is roughly from the same time as the M-101 by Harvey Mace. I think, however, that is not the M-101 viewing the u/c, wing position, nose form etc. and N352L also seems smaller.
The Macerschmitt is often described as original design.

walter said:
Thank you Skyblazer :)
My mystery aircraft is roughly from the same time as the M-101 by Harvey Mace. I think, however, that is not the M-101 viewing the u/c, wing position, nose form etc. and N352L also seems smaller.
The Macerschmitt is often described as original design.

Ah well... that was my best bet. I had never seen a photo of the Macerschmitt, but since the year, general description and Messerchmitt theme matched perfectly, I thought this must be it... The only thing I wasn't too sure about was the engine, as it didn't seem quite like a Lycoming to me.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Thank you for your help Skyblazer. Much appreciated. The engine in the mystery aircraft may be a Ranger(?).
Attached a photo of the Macerschmitt.

Best, Walter

Attachments

• Mace M-101.jpg
    Mace M-101.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 136
walter said:
Attached a photo of the Macerschmitt.

Thanks! Just when I thought I had none, I realize I actually DID have a photo of it myself, and it was indeed quite a different bird...

Attachments

• Could Bee.jpg
    Could Bee.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 119
Good Day All -

Here's a color photo of the aircraft taken in August of 1962. I believe the man in John Alford but looking for info to verify that.

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Attachments

• zJohn Alford and Homebuilt N352L in front of TBM N9596C 19E Aug-1962.jpg
    zJohn Alford and Homebuilt N352L in front of TBM N9596C 19E Aug-1962.jpg
    692.1 KB · Views: 27