IAR-80 fighter in Jane's all the world's aircraft

lancer21

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

As a romanian IAR-80 was and is always my weak spot, and always eager to find out as much as i can about this aircraft.

It suddenly hit me recently that this airctraft must be presented in contemporary editions of Jane's. Unfortunately , to my huge dissapointment ,theres nothing about romanian aircaft in Jane's 1945 , which i bought from someone. It say there that romanian aircraft are described in previous editions .
I also found Jane's 1938 scanned on the net , but off course the IAR-80 didn't appeared until 1939.

So i'd like to ask , does anyone saw IAR-80 in Jane's 1939 or 1940 or 1941, or other war years ?( or any other romanian contemporary aircraft ) I would absolutely love to see what Jane's IAR-80 presentation look like, and the pictures they used , and the techical data! Please , can anyone help?

( Just as a hint on how important is this for me , i would happily give away that Jane's 1945 in exchange for even some scans of the romanian aircaft section showing the IAR-80 fighter-and whatever else is there, but especially IAR-80-and Jane's 1945 is one of my favourite books!)

Thank you for your time. :)

Hi Lancer,

Jane's 1939:
1939-1.jpg
1939-2.jpg
1939-3.jpg

Jane's 1940:
1940-1.jpg
1940-2.jpg
1940-3.jpg

Jane's 1941 & 1942 & 1943/44: (Same text each year)
1941-1.jpg

Let me know if you want hi-res scans.

TomZ

Hello TomZ,

OMG! Thanks a million , you really made my day ! These are absolutely brilliant! These pictures confirmed me what i suspected for long time, the prototype picture , and the IAR-37 pic , and the SET pics , and probably other Jane's pictures too , were used in a romanian book from the 1970s, Romanian Aeronautical Constructions. That book was written while Romania was communist for over 25 years , and its somewhat sad to see that they had to get pictures from Jane's with romanian built aircraft in those times...

Now if you can , yes please i'd love them in high-rez( the text is not discernible in the present size), just one of the years , since the text seems to be the same (1940 would be the best probably).

And forgive me for asking even more , but if you can would you please post a scan of the romanian engines section too, i would think there's an engine there called IAR-1000A (or IAR K14 1000A?), and i'm very curious of the basic datas there , especially power ratings.( contemporary romanian publications , seventies and eighties , say 1040hp rated power , 1140hp take-off power for 3 mins).

Thank you very much for your time and help with this .

Cheers ,
Lancer21