I just cleaned up these pictures, I wonder what this is (I do not know) - it's Convair

WOW!

First thought is martin, but the last image makes me think convair.

v3n4llvad.jpg

I would hazard, the stage in the first picture should be Centaur-related - because Ehricke and General Dynamics... Centaur was their baby, plus spaceplanes needs all the energy available.

The windscreen has Convair written all over it. I think EVERYTHING written about this bird on the web is speculation. I think it was something top secret, and maybe never even left the artists drawing stage. I don't follow anything on the web about this bird I am seeing. All speculation. Would love to know the real story.

I think there are several related studies by Convair over a span of several years featuring an evolving delta spaceplane type design proposed to different programs -the Atlas Outpost, Project Orion, and others. The artwork posted here (thanks for the high quality pics!) seems to be the last, evolved version. It never got further than the drawing board.

I think there are several related studies by Convair over a span of several years featuring an evolving delta spaceplane type design proposed to different programs -the Atlas Outpost, Project Orion, and others. The artwork posted here (thanks for the high quality pics!) seems to be the last, evolved version. It never got further than the drawing board.
I Agree, if we consider the Atlas lifeboat as late 50's such design scream mid 60's....

There differences to Original Krafft Ehricke's Atlas-launched spaceplane and this depicted

The Atlas is shorter and on top formed to match the Lifting Body
and second stage has single engine
also is Lifting Body far larger als Ehricke design from 1950s

There appears to be the reflection of a tripod to the left in the second image as though these were hanging on a wall and photographed...