hypersonic scramjet jet fighter concept?

masimaes

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
i just got an idea, im no aerospace engineer but if any of yall are, then tell me if this would work. a scramjet/turbofan hybrid stealth fighter. the fighter would use a mix of a hybrid engine between both the scramjet and turbofan, the scramjet would be activated during high speed and high altittude flight, while the turbofan would be used for the opposite. theres a advantage of point of being stealth if you can fly below 100,000 ft like a regular fighter so lets make it stealth anyways, it would have a 60 degree sweep of the tail/elevators, a flaperon such as the f-16, with a dimaond delta wing for aerodynamic effeincy at both high speeds and low speeds, with radar absorbant matierals, and a the canopies would be coated with a thin layer of Indium Tin Oxide (ITO). with a highly advanced fbw cockpit to keep the plane stable.at this point the plane is at the edge of space flying at mach 6, so it would need porous silicon material that is very light and extremely heat resistant as was used on the space shuttle. it will also have 3d thrust vectoring for supermanuvilbilty. with a service ceiling of nearly 330,000 feet, it would be flying so high and fast that radars and intercepters at the time cant catch it like the sr-71, but stealther, faster, and flying far higher. due to the scramjet the aircraft will be able to fly at those speed and heights no fighter jet has flown before, and thanks to the turbofan, the fighter would act like a normal fighter at lower speeds and altiudes.

i cant spell

Last edited:
Your concept of a hypersonic stealth fighter is the stuff that dreams are made of.

Attachments

• transatmosfighter.jpg
    transatmosfighter.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 62
The risk as usual is the proverbial "jack of all trades". Stealth doesn't like speed very much (I mean, Mach 3 +) and even less hypersonics. The faster, the larger the IR signature, and with that heat barrier... and if you try going suborbital rather than hypersonic, it is reentry that sticks like a big sore thumb.

The risk as usual is the proverbial "jack of all trades". Stealth doesn't like speed very much (I mean, Mach 3 +) and even less hypersonics. The faster, the larger the IR signature, and with that heat barrier... and if you try going suborbital rather than hypersonic, it is reentry that sticks like a big sore thumb.
stealth would be important in altitudes lower than 100,000 ft, also the fighter would have titanum and stainless steel,Thermal Protection Systems as used on the space shuttle. plus once they get back into lower altitiudes the less ir there will be, it will turn off its scramjets and go for tradintonal turbofans for a top speed of mach 2.80 due to the high altidue, plus i said on the edge of space, not space, there wont be that much ir, and the fact that they will be flying so high and so fast means that radars can't pick them up. have you ever heard of a radar that can go all the way up to 330,000ft? and if they do they will be out of there so fast that even the x-15 can't catch them. it will mainly be built of heat-resistant nickel alloy (Inconel-X 750) as used on the x-15,composite materils, and rams.

Last edited: