Hs 132 Advice please

Flitzer

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hi again.
I understand the Hs132 was principally designed as a BMW 003A or Jumo 004 jet engined dive bomber, and there was to be a second version for the role of low level/ground attack. This would have had a wider wing span and the more powerful HeS011A jet engine.

However in Dieter Herwig and Heinz Rode book 'Luftwaffe Secret Projects - Ground Attack and Special Purpose Aircraft' it states there may have been a fighter version too.
I wondered how would this have differed from the other 2?
For example would the wing have been of the same design, would it have been the stubby one or the wider span etc?

Many thanks for any help. Appreciate it.

Peter :)

hI FLITZER
it's me again.....i think that the differences between the ground attacker and the fighter are the wing surfaces, and more important the control surfaces , flap elevon tails...

I think that the dimentions and performances of the fighter are similar to the He 162...it's exactly the same concept...

Many thanks Gery.

I'll try a 132 fighter out for size.

Cheers
P

Hi again

"Does my bomb look big in this?"

Progress report for the Jumo powered dive bomber version.

gery said:
hI FLITZER
it's me again.....i think that the differences between the ground attacker and the fighter are the wing surfaces, and more important the control surfaces , flap elevon tails...

I think that the dimentions and performances of the fighter are similar to the He 162...it's exactly the same concept...

I read that the He162 was unstable due to the high shoulder mounting position of the wings hence so many alternative wing designs in the development pipeline when the war ended.
Am I correct in thinking the Hs132 fighter version may have been a much better prospect due to the mid fuselage wing mounting?

Many thanks
P

Attachments

• HsP132PROF.jpg
    HsP132PROF.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 146
Hi Peter.
According to archival data BNT TsAGI (1941-1950), this bureau-office / organization engaged in research of these structures, special trophy-captured team engaged in the selection / collection of equipment and technical documentation.
Hs132C - draft multipurpose aircraft (including fighter) further development of short-range bomber had the following differences from the base plane.
Only description:
1) low-wing monoplane
2) He-S-011 engine
3) Walter HWK 109-509 extra liquid rocket engine
4) span -9,1 m. as on Hs132D
5) armament 2 x MK 103
2 x MG 151

Brilliant stuff Borovik.

I've played around a bit with the basic 132 keylines.
This is where my expertise is a little lacking.

Something like this?

I've done a swept wing too....just in case.

Many thanks again.
P

Attachments

• 132 FIGHTER?.jpg
    132 FIGHTER?.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 118