Hirth Hi.24 Motor Glider Project ?

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

the Germany company Hirth,designed the Hi.24 motor glider,it was developed from Hi.21,
as I know,but in my dear Tophe site,he made for it an artist drawing,and I am asking
if that was its real configuration or not ?,and if anyone has a drawing to it,or it was a
project or not ?.

Attachments

• Hi.24.png
    Hi.24.png
    203.6 KB · Views: 394
Principally the shown type probably was a "reaL" project, as Wolf Hirth was a designer of
gliders and several types can be found. What to my opinion casts some doubts on the
designation (Hi.24), is the fact, that the only mention I could still yet find, is in the Wikipedia
article ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirth_Hi_21 ) about the Hi,21. And there the Hi.24 is
mentioned in a way, that somehow suggests, that it's just a typo. So maybe it actually
is the Hi.21, which is said to have been actually built and flown.

That's right my dear Jemiba,

so I asked if someone has a more info about it,we know Hirth continued up to Hi.25,so
may be there is a real design called Hi.24,but not necessary the same aircraft in Tophe
site.

Hi,

I asked my dear Tophe,and he answered my that;

In my twin-boom database, I have written this:
" in the book Segelflugzeug Hirth 1935-1985 (by P.Selinger, Motorbuch Verlag 1989 published) pages 103-104: photograph of uncompleted prototype and 3-view drawing. Scale model remotely controlled glider of a single-seat observation pusher aircraft. Manufacturing started at the end of 1944, never completed. Competitor to the Bachem Lerche. Span 8.15m, Length 3.2m, weight 28kg"

Hold your horses!!!! Did I read "Scale model remotely controlled glider of a single-seat observation pusher aircraft."? "Competitor to the Bachem Lerche"?

who knows more on this projects? Bachem Lerche?

My dear Wurger,

it was not a project,here is a topic about it;

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,22084.0.html

From my dear Richard,

and many thanks for him,here is the Hirth Hi.24.

Attachments

• Numériser 26.jpeg
    Numériser 26.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 238
  • Numériser 27.jpeg
    Numériser 27.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 217
Excellent contribution! Thank`s a lot to Richard and Hesham.

Thanks hesham & richard. This was a very nice project.

Would the pilot be seated or prone? Very interesting this "Aerial Motorcycle" (Krad der Lufte).

My dear Wurger,

as I know,the pilot is seating in prone position.

It's called a hang-glider on the drawing. This implies, that the landing gear actually
were the pilots legs, somehow necessitating such a position, I think

Hum, looking at the shape of the cockpit upper surface, could be a supine position but it seems unlikely (cf Horten H-X vs Klingberg Wing)

Attachments

• Horten.jpg
    Horten.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 109
  • klinberg.jpg
    klinberg.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 102