• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Hawker P.1103 and P.1121: Camm's Last Fighter Projects

CJGibson

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
May 26, 2011
Messages
1,218
Reaction score
123
Out of stock? That's Amazonese for 'Can't be arsed keeping it in stock or ordering any.'

They are also available from The Aviation Bookshop (Kent), Aviation Book Centre (Warks) and Word Power (Edinburgh)

Cross my palm with silver and you can have them all direct.

Chris
 

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
11,626
Reaction score
1,135
We're working hard for 2 November release date. Some problems have been encountered in production but the book is now complete awaiting final editing checks and then print. As its printed in the good old UK, we don't need to wait for shipping from China.

Can't be later than 2 November if I'm going to be at Telford 2015 signing the buggers :)
 

newsdeskdan

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2014
Messages
822
Reaction score
167
PaulMM (Overscan) said:
We're working hard for 2 November release date. Some problems have been encountered in production but the book is now complete awaiting final editing checks and then print. As its printed in the good old UK, we don't need to wait for shipping from China.

Can't be later than 2 November if I'm going to be at Telford 2015 signing the buggers :)
This is great news - can't wait to see it. It's going to astonish a lot of people and blow everything ever written elsewhere about the P.1103/P.1121 out of the water.
 

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!
Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Messages
2,694
Reaction score
50
Website
beyondthesprues.com
Great news - where can we purchase if we're not at Telford?
 

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
11,626
Reaction score
1,135
Purchase details will follow. Amazon are apparently being difficult at present for small publishers.


Price is £11.99 for 64 pages plus additional downloadable content. Every page is packed - there's even an inboard view on the index page.
 

Attachments

JFC Fuller

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Joined
Apr 22, 2012
Messages
3,220
Reaction score
99
Great news, I can't wait for this, well done Paul. Let us know as soon as you have purchase details.
 

Sundog

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
2,636
Reaction score
44
Have you spoken with JZ about publishing this? Since he has experience with small publications?


I can't wait to purchase this. Thanks for the preview. ;)
 

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
11,626
Reaction score
1,135
We have a new cover. Current version attached below.
 

Attachments

TsrJoe

CLEARANCE: Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
339
Reaction score
25
Def see you there mate, looking forward to this one, iv started drawing up my purchases note for the show and your book is,at the top of the list :)

cheers Joe B)
 

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
11,626
Reaction score
1,135
Its done, pending any final errors being detected after the proof is printed.
 

CJGibson

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
May 26, 2011
Messages
1,218
Reaction score
123
Blue Envoy Press are proud to inform all forum members that Hawker P.1103 and P.1121: Camm's Last Fighter Projects by Paul Martell-Mead and Barrie Hygate has gone to the printers.

It will be available for ordering soon, priced at £11.95

UK postage will be £1.75
EU Postage will be £5.30
USA Postage will be £7.60
Aus/NZ postage from UK will be £8.00 (Paul might handle the Oz/NZ side of things)

I will let you know when it is available - we might even have an online shop by then.

Thanks

Chris
 

Attachments

Deino

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Senior Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
2,529
Reaction score
97
Nur kurz auf Deutsch: "Haben will ... !!!"
 

Abraham Gubler

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
3,559
Reaction score
24
Well done. You will all Ride Eternal on the Highways of Walhalla.
 

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
11,626
Reaction score
1,135
Thank the flying spaghetti monster it's done :) :D


Next... an 8 page article, I think.
 

archipeppe

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Joined
Oct 18, 2007
Messages
1,562
Reaction score
75
Even if already posted on SPF some years ago here it is my personal contribution to Sidney Camm genius.


Ciao
Giuseppe
 

Attachments

kaiserd

I really should change my personal text
Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2013
Messages
752
Reaction score
89
New book looks great, will be dropping hints to family re: Christmas or birthday gift.

Said hints will probably need very specific hyperlinks..... :)
 

newsdeskdan

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2014
Messages
822
Reaction score
167
CJGibson said:
Blue Envoy Press are proud to inform all forum members that Hawker P.1103 and P.1121: Camm's Last Fighter Projects by Paul Martell-Mead and Barrie Hygate has gone to the printers.

It will be available for ordering soon, priced at £11.95

UK postage will be £1.75
EU Postage will be £5.30
USA Postage will be £7.60
Aus/NZ postage from UK will be £8.00 (Paul might handle the Oz/NZ side of things)

I will let you know when it is available - we might even have an online shop by then.

Thanks

Chris
I'll be needing two - one for the week and one for Sunday best. Do you combine postage? And where do I Paypal the money to?
 

Anderman

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
152
Reaction score
6
Deino said:
Nur kurz auf Deutsch: "Haben will ... !!!"
Ich auch :)

back to english the german Amazon has the booked listed for a 2 november release and i will get email notification when the book is avaibale :) :D
 

Sundog

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
2,636
Reaction score
44
Congrats on completion Paul. I'm looking forward to reading it.
 

Trident

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
849
Reaction score
30
What a NICE surprise!!! I'd totally forgotten about this one, so I wasn't even (consciously) subjected to the torture of waiting - perfect :)


I am SO getting one when available!
 

CJGibson

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
May 26, 2011
Messages
1,218
Reaction score
123
Paul Martell-Mead and Barrie Hygates's Hawker P.1103 and P.1121 - Camm's Last Fighter Projects will be launched at the IPMS International Show in Telford tomorrow (7th Nov) with the book being signed and sold at The Aviation Bookshop stall from 1130hrs. If you fancy a copy, come along and grab one before they sell out. Get it signed while you're at it. Paul and I will be around for a blah most of Saturday.

It will be available for ordering from Blue Envoy Press from Monday (9th Nov), priced at £11.95. Details to follow.

UK postage will be £1.75
EU Postage will be £5.30
USA Postage will be £7.60
Aus/NZ postage from UK will be £8.00.

I will of course combine postage and try to minimise the postage costs where possible.


Meanwhile, some tasters.


Thanks

Chris
 

Attachments

SteveO

CLEARANCE: Secret
Joined
Jun 24, 2007
Messages
367
Reaction score
2
Awesome, looking forward to getting it. Keep up the good work guys, the time and effort you put in to your books and this forum are much appreciated. Fascinating stuff.

I better donate now ;D
 

kaiserd

I really should change my personal text
Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2013
Messages
752
Reaction score
89
CJGibson said:
Paul Martell-Mead and Barrie Hygates's Hawker P.1103 and P.1121 - Camm's Last Fighter Projects will be launched at the IPMS International Show in Telford tomorrow (7th Nov) with the book being signed and sold at The Aviation Bookshop stall from 1130hrs. If you fancy a copy, come along and grab one before they sell out. Get it signed while you're at it. Paul and I will be around for a blah most of Saturday.

It will be available for ordering from Blue Envoy Press from Monday (9th Nov), priced at £11.95. Details to follow.

UK postage will be £1.75
EU Postage will be £5.30
USA Postage will be £7.60
Aus/NZ postage from UK will be £8.00.

I will of course combine postage and try to minimise the postage costs where possible.


Meanwhile, some tasters.


Thanks

Chris
I'm very interested in the book Chris, does Blue Envoy Press have a website to order from directly (can't seem to find it) or is it a case of going through the usual suspects like Amazon?
I literally can't throw my money at you quickly enough :)
 

robunos

You're Mad, You Are.....
Senior Member
Joined
May 1, 2007
Messages
1,757
Reaction score
17
Will be there tomorrow...with money... ;D

cheers,
Robin.
 

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
11,626
Reaction score
1,135
Cool bananas. Everyone please come and introduce yourselves!
 

Sundog

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
2,636
Reaction score
44
Well, I know what I'll be buying on Monday. :)

Have fun at the show.
 

Deino

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Senior Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
2,529
Reaction score
97
PaulMM (Overscan) said:
Cool bananas. Everyone please come and introduce yourselves!
I really wanted to come by Paul, everything was prepared - flight booked, hotel reserved and my money purse at least not empty - but due to a strike from yesterday on of Lufthansa's employees, my trip to the UK was cancelled .... so I sadly have to stay here at home and can't visit You or anyone else at Telford this year.

Anyway I wish You all the best and a successful show ... hopefully next year.

Deino
 

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
11,626
Reaction score
1,135
Terrible news Deino, that's really annoying. Maybe next time!
 

weirc

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Senior Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
57
Reaction score
4
I will be there this afternoon, please save me a copy!

Cheers

Colin
 

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
11,626
Reaction score
1,135
We don't have a stall at the show, but there are copies at the Aviation Bookshop where you'll find me at 11.30 signing copies. Can't guarantee how many will be left.
 

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
11,626
Reaction score
1,135
Thanks to everyone who bought a copy today at Telford. My throat is sore from all the talking :)
 

robunos

You're Mad, You Are.....
Senior Member
Joined
May 1, 2007
Messages
1,757
Reaction score
17
My pleasure. Thank you for taking the time to sign my copy for me.
I'm looking forward to reading it, but, unfortunately, as it was bought for me by 'er indoors, it's had to be stashed until Christmas...

cheers,
Robin.
 

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!
Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Messages
2,694
Reaction score
50
Website
beyondthesprues.com
robunos said:
unfortunately, as it was bought for me by 'er indoors, it's had to be stashed until Christmas...
Oh, that's just cruel...
 

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
11,626
Reaction score
1,135
:'(

If it was in an e-book format she'd never know.
 

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!
Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Messages
2,694
Reaction score
50
Website
beyondthesprues.com
Speaking of which, is the book available in only hardcopy format or do you plan to also release it in electronic (epub or mobi) format?
 
Top