• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Handley Page Victor Development & Projects

CJGibson

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Me too. Tried flexicurves, but never felt right. I also have a Leroy lettering set.

http://www.forgottenartsupplies.com/?what=artifacts&image_id=355

Once I used these, I binned all the Rotring stencils I had. The 8th of August 1988 held no fear for me.

Now, where did I put my Curta?

Chris

aim9xray

Reaction score
Rapidograph - Single 'Ought' (Gray band) tip for inking. Sometimes on photostated line art (had to have a light touch - sometimes the pen tip would dig into the emulsion which was pretty soft.)

And 85 line screen 35% Zip-a-tone sheets (and AMS Scrub). (With a sharp X-Acto number 11 blade.)

And shipfitter's curves. Because flexicurves were a little weird - there was a little 'give' when you released it and it didn't quite hold the curve.

Oh - and waxing vellums to the layout/pasteup board.

Rubylith and Amberlith.

And those very special blue pens and markers.

(memoirs of a former ink-stained wretch)

hermankeil

CLEARANCE: Restricted
Reaction score
Rapidograph - Single 'Ought' (Gray band) tip for inking. Sometimes on photostated line art (had to have a light touch - sometimes the pen tip would dig into the emulsion which was pretty soft.)

And 85 line screen 35% Zip-a-tone sheets (and AMS Scrub). (With a sharp X-Acto number 11 blade.)

And shipfitter's curves. Because flexicurves were a little weird - there was a little 'give' when you released it and it didn't quite hold the curve.

Oh - and waxing vellums to the layout/pasteup board.

Rubylith and Amberlith.

And those very special blue pens and markers.

(memoirs of a former ink-stained wretch)

hermankeil

Reaction score
Flexicurve? Is that the same as a spline and ducks?

aim9xray

Reaction score
Sort of - defined as "A strip of flexible material that can be used for drawing curves, measuring posture, etc. " Unsually a bendable metal core with a plastic exterior. Think of it as a spline that would [mostly] hold its shape without the ducks.

hermankeil

Reaction score
Sort of - defined as "A strip of flexible material that can be used for drawing curves, measuring posture, etc. " Unsually a bendable metal core with a plastic exterior. Think of it as a spline that would [mostly] hold its shape without the ducks.

Foo Fighter

I came, I saw, I drank some tea (and had a bun).
Reaction score
Or fantasy. Most likely.

TsrJoe

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
ref. 'Skybolt, at arms length', Nicholas Hill, Fonthill Media, 2019 (page 156)

an excellent volume which also includes further drawings of the proposed HP. Victor Skybolt 2, 4 & 6x installations as well as other UK. ALBM. studies (also a useful adjunct to Chris Gibson's 'Vulcan's Hammer' volume) :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Foo Fighter

I came, I saw, I drank some tea (and had a bun).
Reaction score
Apologies folks, seen a lot of these and the number of fantasy pictures is huge. Quite sad really

CJGibson

Reaction score
Not fantasy, not HP, but Skybolt. Could carry eight Skybolt. I sincerely hope you're not suggesting CNH and I are 'fanboy' artists. We leave that to the Advanced Projects Departments of the companies.

Chris

1576222974952.png