Stingray 004.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 269
  • Stingray 005.jpg
    Stingray 005.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 40
  • Stingray 006.jpg
    Stingray 006.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 59
I've never understood the Gerry Anderson appeal. The model work was generally so-so at best, the designs are *terrible,* the puppets were at best disturbing and the shows were generally really quite bad (and in the case of "Space:1999," truly atrocious). Was it simply because of the large *volume* of models put on the screen?

When you are ten years old you enjoy these things!
I have never know anyone who like puppets, but everyone has a good memory of the models

Yes, when I was young his stuff was the only science fiction programming for kids. Joe 90, Captain Scarlett, Thunderbirds - it was exiting stuff at 8 years old, much more interesting than Worzel Gummidge or the Banana Splits.

We saw it with different eyes then, I think. Those movies and TV series cannot be compared to what we have
today, back then, it was fascinating and, as Paul wrote, the only stuff of that kind available. I remember my
efforts to get one of those cast-metal models of the Thunderbird 2, in vain, all in vain ...
Someone from my class had relatives, who travelled to the US frequently ... he was the King !
At least it started me scratch building models, using FIMO (modeling clay) and whatever I found in the jouse.

I guess it's a matter of taste too. I'm 18 and I think this stuff is absolutely magical and inspiring. A feeling I don't get when I watch most modern programming. So I say, give me models and practical effects of varying quality over CGI any day.

I've not yet seen Joe 90 or Captain Scarlett, but I am familiar with Thunderbirds and Space: 1999, and I've always enjoyed these.