German WW2 Head-Up Display

Wurger

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hello :),

some time ago I found a reference in our sister forum LEMB, posted by JC Carbonel, to this german patents. Now I came across the full article. Take a look.

http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1943/1943%20-%202254.html

The Arado and Henschel companies had quite an innovative approach for those days.

Hi, sorry to resuscitate this very old thread, but the link above is broken (as for every other link in the Flight Archive). Does anybody have a pdf copy of that paper?
BTW, LEMB site died some time ago, but a new Luftwaffe forum was born from its ashes

www.luftwaffe-research-group.org

It is a very restricted circle, it seems impossible to become a member...

Hello :),

some time ago I found a reference in our sister forum LEMB, posted by JC Carbonel, to this german patents. Now I came across the full article. Take a look.

The Arado and Henschel companies had quite an innovative approach for those days.
Hi Wurger,

as all links (above) unfortunately do not work any more, is there a possibility to make the article accessible? Do you have more information about this development in general?

It's not impossible to become a member of the Luftwaffe Research Group but the requirements to join include: you must use your real name, and you must contribute. Those who do not contribute can be banned. As I understand it, the average member is actively engaged in research by using original documents or archives or both.

I am not a member of the LRG. I still have access to the Luftwaffe Experten Message Board but a check of messages posted by JC Carbonel has turned up no reference to a head-up display. I will continue to look.