German Local Defence fighter project

slava_trudu

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
hi!
it`s my new model project - Focke-Achgelis Fa 269, from Alliance Models - resin kit 1/72 + some scratchbuild detals.
This design was submitted to the VTOL Program (Local Defence Fighter) at the end of 1944. My concept - for Luft '46 designs.

fa269-002.jpg

fa269-004.jpg

fa269-001.jpg

fa269-003.jpg

fa269-005.jpg

I hope you like it.
Thanks for looking.

Alexander
[slava_trudu]
My model blog

modellersblog.gif

Outstanding work on the model. I was thinking of the Do-29 the whole time I was looking at it, so it was cool to see you added the pic further down.

I'll have to check the forums here for good drawings of the FW, that would be fun to model for MSFS. It would appear it's largest payload was it's landing gear. ;)

Wow, that's one of the best 1/72 builds I have ever seen! :eek:

Good photography too, by the way. The low angle shot looks very impressive and convincing.

Nice workmanship. How long did it take you to put it together?

VTOL and even ESTOL proved to be unnecessary in WW2.

Some fighters of that time (Ta 152H, for example) were capable of taking off and landing on so small grass strips that the same were not recognizable as airfields from the air (with the usual deception, such as haystacks and cows on the grass).

There was even a mobile aircraft catapult; Landflugzeugschleuder Kl 12. It wasn't used much since RATO assist was preferred, but its effectiveness was astonishing (the major problem was probably that it fixed the direction of take-off, while pilots of that time were intent on launching against the wind and Bf 109 pilots were pretty much in a war against gusts of wind from the side during rolling).
So you basically needed at least three such devices, but that's still much less technical effort than VTOL. VTOL was pretty much overengineering.