German aircraft designs of 1930s,real or fake ?

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

here is a Germany strange aircraft designs,may be a flying boat projects,
I think they are a fake or a hypothetical airplanes,but I want to check.

Flugzeug Classic 6/2002

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 310
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 302
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 294
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 281
Re: Germany Strange aircraft designs of 1930s,real or fake ?

The text says, that nothing is known about the author of those drawings /proposals,
maybe it was drawn as an exercise or degree dissertation (No, no clue if then the student
would have passed his examination ... ;) ).
It may have been intended as a kind of flying observation station, which could float with
folded wings on the sea, although without a planing bottom it may have been unable to
take-off from the water. The engines shown look like Hirth HM 508C with 270 hp each.
Definitely not enough to lift that pontoon with up to 3 tanks on it !

Re: Germany Strange aircraft designs of 1930s,real or fake ?

Thank you my dear Jemiba,

and here is its right place.

Only small note,

the first drawing was a landplane and not flying boat.

The first desing seems to have some point of contacts with countemporary Heinkel projects (look at the fuselage shape, elliptical wing, etc.).

may be that's right my dear Archipeppe,

but I can't judge.

hesham said:
the first drawing was a landplane and not flying boat.

Maybe, maybe itwas intended as an amphibium. The sketches show different tail planes,
the wing is principally the same and perhaps not only foldable, but of variable geometry,
as the 3-view shows 3 different shapes.

archipeppe said:
oint of contacts with countemporary Heinkel projects (look at the fuselage shape, elliptical wing, The first desing seems to have some

The wings is described of bird-like shape, not only elliptical, but with protruding leading edge. The
nearly identical look of those 3 (?) projects could be misleading, of course and their dimensions
grossly different. Nevertheless, carrying such a pontoon and 3 tanks (even it it would just have been
Typ I tanks) quite probably would have overstretched this design, so hesham is quite right, I think:
This section is the right place ! ;)

Those drawings obviously were found together with slides and photos (no relation to aviation is
mentioned) in or around Esslingen at the river Neckar and no connection to Heinkel is mentioned.

Jemiba said:
Maybe, maybe it was intended as an amphibium. The sketches show different tail planes,
the wing is principally the same and perhaps not only foldable, but of variable geometry,
as the 3-view shows 3 different shapes.

My dear Jemiba,

I thought that too,and if we search in Google patents,we could see this designs,specially
it's familiar to me !.

Back
Top Bottom