General Dynamics XF-28 [Fiction]

steelpillow

Not coming back. Send me a PM.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
For more about this air superiority fighter prototype, first flown in 1980, see http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,39605.html

XF28-sm.jpg

I don't see any reason they'd keep something like that secret. Plus the designation and the timeline seems. . .dubious.

sferrin said:
I don't see any reason they'd keep something like that secret. Plus the designation and the timeline seems. . .dubious.

This is the "Alternative history section, sferrin. Hence pure fiction.

Skyblazer said:
sferrin said:

Then it should be in the "Theorectical and Speculative Projects" section. Alternate History and Future Speculation, IMHO, is real projects that did not get built and what might, with a decent probability, of getting built in the future.

Alternate/Future - F-23 and what it might have done in a Pacific theatre A2AD environment.
Theorectical/Speculative - FY-24 with laser mounted cannon fights J-20's

Skyblazer said:
sferrin said:

Oh, whoops. :-[

Skyblazer said:
Like he said! I sometimes get confused between these two sections as well!

The other section has a sticky Rules page, that's what put me off posting this there. Could this one have the same?