Galactic Suite Resort

Lauge

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
http://www.galacticsuite.com/

The optimist in me really wants this to work, but the pragmatist in me has seen too many of these come and go over the past few years.....

Call me once the first holidayers are back from their stay, then we'll talk.

Regards & all,

Thomas L. Nielsen
Luxembourg

Attachments

• galactic-suite-2_48.jpg
    galactic-suite-2_48.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 44
Looks like they borrowed the launch site from Jeff Tracy.

GeorgeA said:
Looks like they borrowed the launch site from Jeff Tracy.

.....and the habitation module windows off an Imperial TIE Fighter (I knew they looked familiar.....) ;D

Regards & all,

Thomas L. Nielsen
Luxembourg

Lauge said:
.....and the habitation module windows off an Imperial TIE Fighter (I knew they looked familiar.....)

no .. they went to that Arizona scrapxard and bought 4 B-29 front sections ..

servus

markus

For some interesting commentary on Galactic Suites see http://www.newspacejournal.com/2009/10/31/galactic-suite-on-schedule/ (especially the second comment posted). Granted it's hear-say but IMHO it rings true given the rather outlandish claims made (ie operational in 2012!).

Nothing new about any of this. You could make up a long list of companies that have promised a space hotel or a space research facility or a lunar base or a lunar probe or whatever and then disappeared after a year with nothing to show for it. I think the most notable one is MirCorp, which actually did purchase the rights to Mir, but folded in little less than two years.

As for the comment that the only reason they are doing this is to raise the profile of their company and they don't have any actual space intentions at all, well that's not new either. Back in the 1990s there was a Japanese construction firm that regularly published ads in magazines showing lunar bases. They were not interested in building lunar bases, they were using the ads to attract architects and engineers to their firm, so they could put them to work designing parking garages. Companies have used space as sex appeal to sell something much more boring.