France Fights ON - La France continue la guerre

Excellent !

But unfortunately, that NA-73X buries any Arsenal aircraft... France ITTL gets the Mustang out of its OTL doldrums (where the RAF didn't needed it as fighter while the Americans stubbornly resisted it for three complete years... until Schweinfurt butchering of bombers made it unavoidable). France of course is buying P-40s (H-80-something series, up to H-87) in the wake of their massive H-75 orders since 1938. But Curtiss products quality is going down fast while their prices are going up, and just like every other customer, sooner rather than later a cash strapped and desperate France will tell Curtiss to go frack themselves. And then North American will step in with that maligned NA-73 of theirs...

Last edited:
No problem with that, you wonder whether Benny the Moose still attacks Greece in 11 1940. I'll check the reasons why. Don't underestimate Benny appetite for doing stupid things ust to try and impress Adolf. Greece was exactly that.
Yes, Barbarossa is postponed by 11 months, to May 17 1942 (which corresponds OTL to a major German spring offensive, Barbarossa year 2).

What was your pseudo at FFO ?
Hi Archibald,

I went by the name whiffer there and posted a few times some years back.

The FFO timeline has already been written and we can't change the story (still a very good one), only nitpick on things! My own bit of that would be for instance to add that actually (leaving aside what folks say above that there wouldn't be that many B-24s in the first place in May 1941) i expect the hypothetical raids on Ploiesti to be met by modern romanian IAR-80 and Bf-109E figthers from 8th and 7th FG, alongside german fighters. If the allies are in Crete the romanians and germans will take measure to increase the defences around Ploiesti.

I can't recall exactly when the bulgarians received their Bf-109Es though (likely 1940), but i think there was only a squadron or so.

How many french troops and assorted weapons (tanks, guns etc.) made it to NA if i may ask?

And to comment on the gold issue, i guess there are two sides of the coin, if FFO splurges all that gold on american weapons (not that there are other options i guess if FFO) then when the war ends the americans are richer and the french poorer, which might affect postwar reconstruction? And i guess make France more dependent on US like UK ended up being, so things like a less independent France might mean the NATO withdawal might not happen etc. etc.?

Attachments

• Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    72 KB · Views: 6
Some FFO / FTL crown jewels (among many)

Richelieu & Hood vs Bismarck
https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...ish-translation.524901/page-129#post-23167237

Since FFO Bir Hakeim is an unknown place in free Northern Africa, Free France heroic siege has moved to Kumanovo, in the Balkans.

Operation Merkur: an italo-german assault on the Mediterranean island of... Korsika, pardon, Corsica. February 1941

Heavy cruiser "Algérie"

Good old carrier Béarn, and its glorious death off Corsica, February 1941

New carrier Jean-Bart, ex-battleship

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom