P.82075-321.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 387
  • P.82075-421.JPG
    P.82075-421.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 232
  • FW.62.JPG
    FW.62.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 226
Please mention the source, on the one hand to allow others to have a look at them, too, and on
the other hand just for fairness with regards to the original source/publisher.
And those types probably aren't from "Rotorcraft Of The Third Reich", are they ? ;)

No my dear Jens,

I send the first page of the book,which contains the title,the file called Focke Wulf FW.62,
Baubeschreibung

the Focke Wulf company used that series and also many numbers like that as a "P"
designation,for example, P.82114 was a dive bomber with a parasol wing,monoplane
project,powered by one 950 hp Daimler-Benz DB 600 engine.

After having a look into volume 2 of Novarras "Die Deutsche Luftrüstung 1933 - 45", I'm pretty sure,
that P.82075-321 and P.82075-421 are the drawing numbers for the internal type P.82075 , the "58"
and "59" may well be just page numbers, with the page titled "Baubeschreibung" (description of the
construction), mentioning "Entwurf 82075" (design 82075), as front page. Would be interesting to see,
what was on the other at least 57 pages !

Attachments

• Fw-62_01.jpg
    Fw-62_01.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 165
But the real question here, Jens, remains unaddressed. Is the designation Fw 62 valid at all for these or not?

Because unless I'm mistaken, that's what hesham was hinting at:

hesham said:
here is the Focke Wulf P.82075-321 and P.82075-421 drawings,they wrote on that file,Focke Wulf FW.62 aircraft.

Are these drawings planned variants of the Fw 62 or not?

Stargazer2006 said:
Are these drawings planned variants of the Fw 62 or not?

- The Fw 62 actually was built in tose two variants (two aircraft with twin and two aircraft with central float)
- The perspective drawings are showing all characteristics of the actual aircraft
- The design was started with in 1936, the drawings are dated from May 1937, first flight of the Fw 62 was
in July 1937, so the RLM designation surely was already allocated, although not mentioned here.

So to me those drawings most probably don't show "planned variants of the Fw 62", but they actually show
the Fw 62 as already under construction then.
Of course, last confirmation we probably can only get by the complete document.

they wrote on the file FW.62,and those drawings are for FW.62 variants,and here
is a number of pages from it.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 372
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 339
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 336
That looks exactly like those brochures of German aircraft of that era, you can find other examples
in the old LuftfahrtInternational issues. And there, too, you can find the typical style with charts, tables
and data in the middle and the last pages used for general arrangement drawings artist impressions.
In this case, it would be interesting to know (and see) any kind of 3-view, as it would allow for easier
clarification, if it we really are talking about the Fw 62.

As in the case of the "Baubeschreibung Bord-Erkunder-Entwurf 82075", this one about the Fw 191 is an
original document, published by Focke -Wulf during the '30s/'40s. Cannot tell exactly in the moment, where's
this company got to, probably due to several mergers, today its remnants are part of EADS. Sso maybe that
COULD be regarded as the source. But if this "Baubeschreibungen" aren't present in their original form (via
eBay, for example), they probably come from some sort of publication. I already mentioned, the LuftfahrtInternational
magazine, which often published such material, the newer Luftfahrt Archiv somehow is following in these steps
today and there are lots of other publications, which are printing that material again. And of course, there are
several websites doing so. And that's, what is needed as source citation ! ;)

My thoughts exactly. These look like they come from Luftfahrt Archiv, since it was about the only publication to feature this kind of document covers.

You DIDN'T have direct access to "FW 191 Baubeschreibung Nr.230" of 1940, hesham, and so you MUST have found it in a book... or someone scanned it for you.

hesham,

I'm a little bit afraid, that you are in "immediate danger" ! ;)
It's NOT the question, if you have the files. When you post them, the question is, where they are from.
We, that means the SPF, can get into real trouble, if material is posted without proper mentioning the
source, or maybe from illegitimate sources. We had such trouble before and you probably know about
the restriction when posting material published by certain publishers.
An easy way to mention´a source is something like that:
"The following pages were scanned from the book ABC, written by author DEF", or something like that.
It's not a crime to forget it sometimes, there's still time to make good for it later, if asked. But we really
don't want legal difficulties, because a publisher regards something here as unauthorizedand not even
in accordance with "fair use" rules.

hesham said:
I have all those files if you want them.

Thanks hesham, but that's not the point. It's about the rules here. When posting many sizeable scans, the source publication must be indicated so that we know it's no longer available and there is no copyright infringement. Of course we all have plenty of stuff on our HDs that we don't always remember where we got it from. If it's the case, just say so.

The hesham's source is probably the Pawlas' "LUFTFAHRT DOkumente LD 1 " Baubeschreibung der Fw 191 vom 16/5/1940 " published in the late seventies .

Ah, yes, that was the series published by Karl Pawlas ! Thanks for the clue ! Here the question of course is,
if somebody actually can get exclusive rights on such a document, or if from a scan of those facsimiles
the reproduction can be implied. But it's definitely not worth the risk !

richard said:
The hesham's source is probably the Pawlas' "LUFTFAHRT DOkumente LD 1 " Baubeschreibung der Fw 191 vom 16/5/1940 " published in the late seventies .

Yes my dear Richard,

that's my source,but I don't know the author's group ,and by the way,I always
send the first page of the file,which indicate to the title of the file and the name of
author if mentioned on it.

Gentlemen, a bit of good sense would be nice at this moment. I believe Hesham understood your point. Back to Focke-Wulf, please!

Wurger said:
Back to Focke-Wulf, please!

Indeed ! The complete report is from http://de.scribd.com , similar to GoogleDrive or other services,
allowing sharing documents between private persons, so it's better, not to give the full link here. The
description of the construction makes clear, that it is about a built aircraft, so think, we can be sure
now about the identity of "Entwurf 82075" and the Fw 62.