ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

Attachments

• flying-bus.jpg
    flying-bus.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 617
It's a giant Piasecki Airgeep....

Is that the same Zimmerman of 'Flying Pancake' fame....

cheers,
Robin.

robunos said:
It's a giant Piasecki Airgeep....
Is that the same Zimmerman of 'Flying Pancake' fame....

Piasecki and Hiller envisaged some very similar flying jeep projects, indeed.
Yeah, that's the very same Zimmerman, who worked with Vought and then Hiller.

hesham said:
Hi,

anther fake flying-bus.

Not really a fake 'project', Bohn had an an extensive series of 'vehicles of tomorrow' ads that ran post-WWII
that were along the lines of showcasing possibilities, using their products - of course, rather than promoting
projects.

A friend of mine has collected a large number of these ads form old magazines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, you missed my favorite flying bus from 1950.

Ed

I don't how to select images to post. Sorry about that.

Hi,

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2009/06/ekranoplans-showcase-part-2.html

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 255
joncarrfarrelly said:
hesham said:
anther fake flying-bus.

http://www.vintageadbrowser.com/future-ads-1940s

Not really a fake 'project', Bohn had an an extensive series of 'vehicles of tomorrow' ads that ran post-WWII
that were along the lines of showcasing possibilities, using their products - of course, rather than promoting
projects.

A friend of mine has collected a large number of these ads form old magazines.

My dear Jon,

if you send those drawings,that will be great,and so weird,you said not really a fake
Project ?.

Is it just me but the first thing that crossed my mind when seeing this topic was "can you just see Ralph Cramden at the controls of one of these"

Kevin Renner said:
Is it just me but the first thing that crossed my mind when seeing this topic was "can you just see Ralph Cramden at the controls of one of these"

Thank you Kevin,and you are Jon but with anther username,right,I understand that ?.

hesham said:
Hi,
index.php

This is one of first Attempt for Ion drive for Aircraft (Lifter craft or ionocraft)

it use it mesh and pins under High voltage that ionized air and accelerated it (Electrohydrodynamic thrust)
In Theory it work perfect if got high voltage power source. but bigger the Aircraft, the bigger you need the power source.
sadly this make the Aircraft to heavy to take off

more how it work here

hesham said:
Kevin Renner said:

Thank you Kevin,and you are Jon but with anther username,right,I understand that ?.

No, I am not. But the handle is a classical reference. Can you figure it out

Kevin Renner said:
hesham said:
Kevin Renner said:

No, I am not. But the handle is a classical reference. Can you figure it out

According to the two main alternatives provided by Google, you might be the gripping hand in search of fatherhood ;D...

Martin